OtakuBoards

Where are you?

ChibiHorsewoman

I live in the greater Boston area, in Massachusetts, in the US. The town I live in is pretty quaint, they're so determined on keeping it small and self-contained but they're failing (Panera is coming, Panera is coming!). The Boston Marathon starts in my town, which is like the one big event for us. Our other claim to fame is the Entwistle murders, which happened right down the street from my house.

My town is about 40 minutes away from Boston, which is very nice when I want to take the train in to do some Photography projects. All in all, I don't mind it, but I'm not sure if I would want to come live here forever. I'm a city girl, yo!

[quote name='Citric']I live in the greater Boston area, in Massachusetts, in the US. The town I live in is pretty quaint, they're so determined on keeping it small and self-contained but they're failing (Panera is coming, Panera is coming!). The Boston Marathon starts in my town, which is like the one big event for us. Our other claim to fame is the Entwistle murders, which happened right down the street from my house.

My town is about 40 minutes away from Boston, which is very nice when I want to take the train in to do some Photography projects. All in all, I don't mind it, but I'm not sure if I would want to come live here forever. I'm a city girl, yo![/QUOTE]

[color=#9933ff][font=monotype corsiva][size=4]I had to giggle at the Panera Bread comment. I love that place even though I haven't eatten there in a while. We have one in the small shopping area across from my town's post office and the town Walmart* where the people in customer service get a nice big [COLOR="Red"][B]FAIL[/B][/COLOR].

I could add that my town was named after General Horatio "Granny" Gates from the American revolution. But the guy kinda ran off during the battle at Waxhaw (is that the correct spelling?) so I won't go into it. Like most towns in the Greater Rochester Area, we're older than the actual city (which will be celebrating it's 175th birthday this year.) it's actually quite different from most cities in that respect (grr stupid space bar, I'll fix this later)

If I could afford it, I'd move to Pittsford which is located on the Erie Canal. It's where I do most of my work and it has a lot of history and a cute village. [/color][/font][/size]