OtakuBoards

BlazBlue

Magus

[IMG]http://media.ign.com/games/image/article/866/866110/blazblue-20080411024301935_640w.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://media.ign.com/games/image/article/866/866110/blazblue-20080411024258904_640w.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://media.ign.com/games/image/article/866/866110/blazblue-20080411024315216_640w.jpg[/IMG]

Alright Guilty Gear fans, this is for you.

I heard on X-play that they (ARC System Works) were making this to combat Street Fighter IV. I don't think that's the reason at all. I think it's to make up for that crap that was Overture.

The game is pretty much following the same fighting system that Guilty Gear had. I don't know about the roman cancels and stuff like that, but it certainly looks like it has it in the game too. (probably called something different) Still has the guard meter. Super moves (them one-hitters) can only be done in the last round and the opponent has to have atleast 20% of his/her health... That don't sound like I got that right so don't take that to heart. (I heard something like that on X-play)

It's been stated that it's going to be on the ps3 and xbox 360. Just don't know when since it's hitting the arcades first.

[FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"][COLOR="Indigo"]It's currently in arcades across America, but it's a pretty well kept secret. I heard that BB will be hitting American console shores some time in the summer, but the game is not just another GG-iteration. It's not so free form as GG was. Basically any launch in GG led to big damage and most likely death, but it doesn't seem to be the case with BlazBlue. I've seen some big combos but nothing that screams GG retardedness (yet very stylish-ness) lols.
[/COLOR][/FONT]

Well I absolutely loved the GG games I played #reload and ^core I think the other was. This looks quite interesting and depending on how it turns out I might actually end up getting it. Just depends on whether there's going to be one of those rare Aus releases.

• 2 weeks later...
[FONT="Century Gothic"][SIZE="2"][COLOR="Maroon"]I heard the game was actually considered to be the spiritual successor to the Guilty Gear series.

It wasn't created to combat Street Fighter IV since its been out for awhile, and it wasn't to make up for Overture, since that game was just to continue the Guilty Gear storyline in a new way, since ^Core was to continue the fighter style side storyline.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"]I also think you read that first bit off of Wikipedia :p

I've watched some videos of gameplay and I would say that the game, while a lot like GG, has it's own identity. I can see myself playing as Taokaka, because her style of play seems fun and her character design is very wicked and contrasts with her voice. That just screams awesome.

Street Fighter IV has only been out on console for a month, so it's too soon to tell if this is Arc's killer ap to combat SFIV. But who cares? It's another awesome looking game from an awesome developer. So why not just play both games? [/FONT]

[FONT="Century Gothic"][SIZE="2"][COLOR="maroon"]Oh wow. I heard it from a friend actually, but I guess he reads wikipedia.

But I agree on you with both games, but I'm thinking BlazBlue may not have the same feel as GG. A bigger question is will it have online play.
After all, many people are starting to play fighting games online to face new challenges that can be either more exciting or boring for the player.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[SIZE="1"][COLOR="SlateGray"]Hey, sweet, the first screen is Sol Badguy and Potemkin!

Really, awesome. Anything remotely like Guilty Gear is okay in my book. Even if it's not as technical-oh-my-god-c-c-c-combo-crazy as Guilty Gear X2 was it's still the spiritual successor in my book. I mean, come on, look at it. LOOK AT IT! Identical game is identical.[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[quote name='silpheedpilot'][SIZE="1"][COLOR="SlateGray"]Really, awesome. Anything remotely like Guilty Gear is okay in my book. Even if it's not as technical-oh-my-god-c-c-c-combo-crazy as Guilty Gear X2 was it's still the spiritual successor in my book. I mean, come on, look at it. LOOK AT IT! Identical game is identical.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/QUOTE]
[FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"]Agreed. As I've stated, imo, it's makeup for the garbage that was overture. (It was needed)

I'm still giddy at how that 3rd screenshot looks. (That's Ky and Sol btw, XD) The bed of roses and the background looks really good.[/FONT]