OtakuBoards

Care Bear Stare! And other shows

ChibiHorsewoman

[color=#9933ff][font=monotype corsiva][size=4]Man another thread by me, Chibi Horsewoman. I think I need a life... and to go make my bed and get ready for work. But before I do I will make a new thread.

This one was all because of the What did you want to be when you grew up thread (shameless plug) and mentioning a show I watched in the eighties. Because let's just face it I'm from the eighties. So now I'm wondering what shows did you like to watch when you were little and growing up.

As you all know I liked to watch [B]Rainbow Bright[/B]. Sadly I don't remember why or much about the show even though I did see it a few years ago and could probably find it on youtube because that's how I watch [B]Jem and the Holograms[/B]. Which I will get into later.

Yeah craptastic first post. I'm off to read and get ready to go to hell... I mean work. :animeswea[/color][/font][/size]

Wow, Care Bears... That certainly takes me back. I know my sister use to annoy me with that series. Especially with the whole "care bear stare" (that is it right? I can't believe I remember that...)

Cartoons was pretty much my life back then, especially [b]Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles[/b]. I use to try and collect the toys and stuff.. "coughs"

Other stuff...

Thundercats
X-Men
Spider-Man
He-Man
Darkwing Duck
Mighty Ducks
Looney Toones
Scooby Doo
Pup Named Scooby Doo
Animaniacs
Tiny Toons
Tale Spin
Ducktales
Disney movies... (I'll just keep it like that)
Captain Planet
[strike]Power Rangers[/strike]

I could probably sit here and name every cartoon that came on in the 90's, so I'm gonna cut that list short.

Well, i'll say this. Most of the cartoons I grew up with were blocked out of my mind by all the sugar I consumed wile watching the cartoons. but heres the ones I can remeber,

Superman
Batman
Sonic The Hedgehog
He-man
Ren and Stimpy
Cat Dog

And the list is running dry now, but ther is one more, that beith the legendary, Megaman! That was one of the cool ones, that and Space Ghost, Coast to Coast, back on the extremely old Adult Swim. I love remembering my childhood, ahhh.:)

[quote name='botar15']
He-man
.:)[/QUOTE]

[color=#9933ff][font=monotype corsiva][size=4]I watched both [B]He-Man[/B] and [B]She Ra[/B] and liked them both when I was younger. It's funny though that they shows you loved when you were about six or seven drive you up a wall twenty years later. Like when my friend bought me the [B]She-Ra[/B] box set for my birthday a few years ago and I had trouble watching it because I was so focused on the fact that no one was wearing pants! Don't ask me why I focused on that, but it was the main focus. The fact that no one had pants! I started to wonder if it chafed when they rode horses. Yeah I am that bad. :animeswea

Moving on... [B]Animaniacs[/B]. I need to buy those DVDs! Maybe next month I'll do that or I'll just ask someone for them for my birthday. My brother and I used to bug the heck out of eachother quoting the show.

[B]Jem and the Holograms[/B] I can't help but wish that they'd do a new version of this show because the old one is just so dated. But Hannah Montana/ Miley Cyrus has nothing on Jem/ Jerrica Benton and the Holograms. At least in my humble opinion.[/color][/size][/font]