OtakuBoards

Marvel to Lose Wolverine Rights?

gabrielzero

[url=http://www.typingmonkeys.com/wolverine/]The full article[/url]

[quote]At issue is a contract between Marvel Comics, the current publisher of Wolverine, and Twentieth Century Fox, a subsidiary of News Corporation and producer of the big budget ?X-Men Origins: Wolverine? movie.

According to legal experts, News Corporation lawyers added a clause giving Twentieth Century Fox complete rights to Wolverine upon release of the movie, as well as complete rights to all other Marvel Comics? characters appearing in the movie.[/quote]

Holy cow. I mean really, why didn't Marvel notice that in the contract?

If 20th Century Fox wins in this, I really wonder where the development of Wolverine will go down the line. How sad to have a character that they created and have worked on for years be taken away!

[COLOR="Blue"]No, No, I don't think that's the case.
I think it means that they own the rights to Wolverine and characters via media launches. You know, animation, movies, video games, etc.
Marvel still has the main rights via the comic, but the media rights belong to Fox.[/COLOR]

[quote]
Almost a month ago, I came up with the “brilliant” idea to pull an April Fool’s prank this year on the Wolverine Files website.
A week ago, I put the finishing touches on the article, ran it past a bunch of people, all of whom thought it was believable, funny and wanted to be in on the roll out.
But as April 1st came closer, I started to have doubts.
Would people get angry at the website and at me for trying to fool them? Would people sniff it out too quickly? Would it work too well, overloading my servers? Or, would Joe Quesada have a cow and send the Marvel lawyers after me to shut down the site?
How about all of the above.
Well, except for Marvel lawyers trying to shut me down. I’m shooting for that for next years April Fools.[/quote]
Looks like they got a few people, lol.

Wolverine: Prima Aprilus = Wolverine: 1st April. Clever. :p