OtakuBoards

Your rules suck, Daddy! I'm suing!

Sangome

[quote name='Lady Asphyxia'][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]It's sad. Apparently the father and daughter don't even talk anymore. Can you imagine going from choosing to live with someone to not even talking to them -- over a field trip?

There were cracks in the relationship beforehand. There's no way that a fully functional relationship could disintegrate over something so stupid.[/SIZE][/FONT][/QUOTE]That is what I was just thinking. You know there had to have been other issues going on for something like that to utterly destroy the relationship. To stop talking over something like that is just stupid.

• 2 weeks later...
[FONT="Palatino Linotype"]Maybe I'm only saying this becasue I'm a stubborn teenager, but more power to the children! Now, if I was grounded I would never sue my father or mother, I'd just go on because my father usually lets me off the hook early. But I give a thumb's up to this little girl, she did something most children wouldn't have the guts to actually go through with. So bravery points![/FONT]

[COLOR="RoyalBlue"][FONT="Lucida Sans Unicode"]I still think this case is sad. I can understand kids not having unfair punishments, but the story given simply does not add up. What little there is to read, doesn't really clarify why the courts even considered and accepted the case to begin with.

I'd like to know the full details before I say one way or the other. But if what I see is the facts, it's really sad that something so trivial was allowed to come between them. Cracks in the relationship indeed. [/FONT][/COLOR]

• 5 weeks later...
Honestly, what is this world coming to? We can no longer hit our children, because that is abuse, and children are now suing parents! While the issue of hitting children is more controversial because they can't defend themselves and some parents will take it to extremes, this is just plain ridiculous!
A parent needs to be able to show a child that they are the boss and the child must respect the rules laid down by the parent. A child can not control their parents, or better said, should not. If this little girl is learning that when she doesn't like something, she can just sue and make "everything all better", I would hate to meet her when she grows up.
Sadly, children nowadays are making me sick. =/