OtakuBoards

Vision of Creation

Axel

I had been meaning to write this for a long time before I finally got off my buttress and wrote it a while back. I actually intended to write it as if I were telling a story, but I then decided to go with a more poetic theme. :P

This was actually based entirely on dreams I had as a child, where geometric shapes would appear to be drifting in the sky and make these monstrous humming sounds before swiftly moving on. I had many of them throughout my childhood and I can honestly say that I woke up feeling rather scared every time. These shapes were actually 'craft' it would seem and in every dream people would refer to them as '[i]Artisans[/i]', or if they were talking about the craft themselves, they'd call them 'Artisan Craft'.

I entered this into a poetry contest back when I wrote it and won. (Too bad the prize giving was in the US, eh? :P Ah well... What's $1500, eh? ;_;)

---------------------------

[b][u]Vision of Creation[/b][/u]

[i]The horrifying void spews forth its mind.
Geometric perfection, shapes entwined.

With a monstrous clatter and a melodious hum.
The tangled web of thought undone.

Searing light and heat does cut
the void of space and time once shut.

And through the shapes entwined appears,
a host of heavenly shining tears.

Another hum does resonate.
Like essence the void it permeates.

Till finally mass slips through in teams.
Thus finishing the creators dreams.[/i]

[i][color=grey][size=1]100% Abstract.[/i][/size][/color]

• 2 months later...
[CENTER][FONT=Book Antiqua][SIZE=1][COLOR=DarkRed]Impressive, to say the least. It's obvious why this won.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Book Antiqua][SIZE=1][COLOR=DarkRed]Your use of adjectives is surprising as is the word choice. It flows very well, not one part is too short or too long. [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Book Antiqua][SIZE=1][COLOR=DarkRed]I don't know much about poetry, but, from what I do know, this seems like something that would be a classic. [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Book Antiqua][SIZE=1][COLOR=DarkRed]I really enjoyed the theme of this as well, it's not something you see a lot of. [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Book Antiqua][SIZE=1][COLOR=DarkRed]I would give this a perfect score if it needed to be rated. Good job.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[LEFT][U][B](-Boukaju-)[/B][/U]
[/LEFT]
[/CENTER]