xxxscenekidxxx Posted May 1, 2009 Author Posted May 1, 2009 [quote name='Zen'][color=royalblue][size=1] Hurray for starting new habits! High five for being a bad influence![/color][/size][/QUOTE] thx lol :catgirl::catgirl::catgirl:
EyesOfHaruhi Posted May 4, 2009 Posted May 4, 2009 As a smoker myself, I'm not happy with the increase in taxes. No, not because it raised my price overall, but due to the [i]purpose[/i] behind the tax. Here in Indiana, we got hit twice. First, the federal increase, then the state increase. What once cost me $38 is now $48, and climbing. For what? To pay the health care costs for those who can't afford it. It stuns me to think I've got to pay for everyone and myself. Where the hell is my relief when my health insurance costs 15% more every year? Add a family, and it gets expensive. If this tax was for everyone, and my health care costs are obliterated, then I'm all for it. But to specifically target a group of people is crap. I'm looking at the horizon for a quit date. It's just hard to fathom paying nearly $50 a week for this habit, all the while my salary remains stagnant and my bonus was obliterated. I'm sure glad those 19 year old baby factories and their children are covered by our tax money while we struggle to pay it. Next rant to get me upset: broadband caps.
Nomurah! Posted May 4, 2009 Posted May 4, 2009 [SIZE="1"][COLOR="HotPink"]I'm just throwing this out there... Maybe I should be worried about this price climb, maybe not, but it just so happens I started smoking this weekend, hah. Does this mean I'm gonna go out and buy some cigarettes? No. Because I'm not 18. And plus, I have friends with cigarettes. I'm a mooch, it's true. [/COLOR][/SIZE]
Sabrina Posted May 9, 2009 Posted May 9, 2009 [FONT="Tahoma"]I don't know the cost for getting it here since I do not smoke. However a couple of people I know who do, have decided that the recent increase is a sign that they need to finally break the habit. One is doing really well so far, the other is still struggling with it. [/FONT]
Botar Posted May 9, 2009 Posted May 9, 2009 [color="darkgreen"] I've been clean for 3 1/2 weeks now, it's tough, but I feel alot better about it. I'm glad I've stopped cause it aint cool.[/color]
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now