OtakuBoards

Speed Camera Slaying

Rachmaninoff

Well I guess I shouldn't be surprised that it finally came down to someone doing this kind of thing over a speed camera on a freeway.

[URL="http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/30436439/"][U]Slaying fuels debate over speed cameras in Ariz.[/U][/URL]

I don't really care for them either, but to actually shoot and kill someone over it is just absurd. The way I see it is if you don't speed, you won't have an issue with them anyway. And yes I know that there are cases of them getting someone who wasn't speeding. I just think the reaction to it is way out of proportion.

Anyway, should they get rid of the cameras? Considering that having an officer there full time is far more costly, I can see why they'd use cameras instead. So I don't have a problem with them being used.

[SIZE="1"]I'm truly lost for words over the lunacy of this, to murder someone in cold blood over operating one of these cameras is truly mind-boggling. I mean we've had these things on major roads in Ireland for years now and people have just accepted they're there to help save lives because there aren't enough police to cover the same areas night and day. I really don't understand any objection to these cameras, if you keep within the speed-limit then you've got nothing to worry about.

Lord knows I just feel pity for the family of the deceased, to have died over something so utterly pointless is just tragic.[/SIZE]

[FONT="Tahoma"][COLOR="DarkGreen"]o_O Well I knew people didn't like the speed cameras but wow, talk about over reacting. In the long run, spending time in prison for murder is going to limit you more than not speeding ever did. And even if you did get a ticket, paying the fee is still nothing compared to being responsible for taking another person's life. [/COLOR][/FONT]