OtakuBoards

Asteroid Exonerated from Genocide Charges?

Allamorph

[FONT=Arial][URL="http://www.time.com/time/health/article/0,8599,1894225,00.html?cnn=yes"][COLOR="Blue"]Time Magazine[/COLOR][/URL]

A recent study and paper done by geoscientists at Princeton and Lausanne, Switzerland, suggests that the mass extinction of over half the planet's creatures might not have actually been caused by the asteroid that punched a hole in the Yucatan Peninsula millennia ago.

[INDENT][I]The asteroid impact and dinosaur extinction, say the authors, may not have been simultaneous, instead occurring 300,000 years apart.[/I][/INDENT]

Give or take. This paper might very well raise some hackles in the community of established scientific doctrine. Although, you know, that [I]is[/I] how we've made progress in the past. Wasn't Copernicus excommunicated, or threatened with it, for saying the earth was not the center of the universe?

[INDENT][I]...Keller and Addate worried that we were misreading both the geologic and fossil records.[/I][/INDENT]

We need more questioning people around.[/FONT]

[quote name='Allamorph][FONT=Arial]This paper might very well raise some hackles in the community of established scientific doctrine. Although, you know, that [I]is[/I'] how we've made progress in the past. [/FONT][/quote]Nothing wrong with that. I hadn't heard about this until now. I don't really have much to say on it other than it is interesting. Oh and good that people are still questioning things like you just said. =P