OtakuBoards

Ace Attorney Investigations: Miles Edgeworth

Magus

[url]http://www.gamespot.com/news/6208682.html?tag=latestheadlines;title;2[/url]

EUREKA!

[quote=Gamespot][size=1]Ace Attorney Investigations: Miles Edgeworth coming to the West around end of year; action taken out of the courtroom to the crime scene.

The Ace Attorney series has been something of phenomenon for Capcom. When the first game, Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney, hit the Nintendo DS back in 2005, it was a revelation for fans of the adventure genre. An excellent storyline and great presentation gained it critical and commercial success, so much so that the game suffered stock shortages due to the demand.

Since then, the series has gone on to sell its music in the iTunes store, have real-life celebrity lawyers star in its ads, and spawn a multitude of direct sequels before handing the reigns over to Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney last year.

Now, budding lawyers will soon have the chance to play as Phoenix Wright's famed rival prosecutor. Capcom has announced that Ace Attorney Investigations: Miles Edgeworth will be coming to the DS in Europe and North America this winter, following its launch in Japan next month.

This time around, players will be swapping the courtroom for the crime scene to take their legal skills on the road as the titular character investigates a series of mysterious deaths around various locations in the game.

The game, first shown publicly at the 2008 Tokyo Game Show, will also feature a brand-new "Logic" system, which lets players combine found items to discover new information. Though a lot of the action has been taken outside of the courtroom, Capcom has promised that the epic courtroom battles from the first game will still play a role in discovering the truth.

Developing the game will be Capcom's Motohide Eshiro, who coproduced the last two Phoenix Wright games and has directed both Onimusha 2 and Shadow of Rome.[/size][/quote]
I don't know how to post trailers so you'll have to click the link to see the trailer.

I've only played Justice for All and Apollo Justice, so I don't know much about Edgeworth, but he is my favorite character in JFA. To see him get his own game is a treat.

Anyway, the sound of the game gives me a Death Note vibe. (more like from L's perspective.) I don't know if I would've turned it into a side scroll-ish type of game. I liked the FP aspect in this series.

[size=1]Now if only they made a game for the lady with the whip.[/size]

Looking at it, it seems to be a very promising game. The story itself looks to be outside the main story line that encompasses the other 4 ace attorney games. This will probably sate my hunger for another phoenix wright game until the next in the main story comes along. I want to know what happened to a few of the characters after Trials and tribulations (an extended period, we know the short term).

• 4 weeks later...
[SIZE="1"]Why have I not posted in here yet?

Anyway, I've been spoiling myself a tad for the game now that it's out in Japan...and oh my GOSH, I can tell you right now, just from what I've been reading up on, it's going to be freaking amazing, and I am super psyched for it.

What I've gathered:

- The game is 14/15 hours, with five cases. The last one I've heard is arguably the longest case in the series.
- The cases all connect to each other in some way.
- Slight spoiler, maybe, I'm putting it under tags just in case: [spoiler]Case four is another flashback case akin to 3-1 and 3-4 of Trials and Tribulations fame. Which means we get punk!Edgeworth...as well as young!Franziska. Daww.[/spoiler]
- Returning characters include [spoil'd incase you want to be surprised]: [spoiler]Franziska and Gumshoe, obviously, Meekins, Oldbag, Larry, von Karma [in the aforementioned flashback case], and Ema. I also know that Payne, Sal Manella [from 1-3], Lotta, and even Phoenix, Maya, and Pearl appear in the backgrounds as background sprites.[/spoiler]

There's other stuff, but if I went on, there'd be wayyy too much black all over the post >_> But I am so friggin excited for this game. Ughhh. <3 I've not been this excited for a game in a looooong time. It's great.[/SIZE]

Looking at that list of returning characters I'm actually wondering where this fits in with the overall series. My guess is probably between Trials and Tribulations and Apollo Justice but I'm just taking a guess. I want more closure to the original series since Apollo Justice went and crushed the closure I had after Trials and Tribulations.

[SIZE="1"]According to the dates, the game takes place one month after the finale of Trials and Tribulations. So that places it right between [spoiler]State vs. Iris and State vs. Enigmar, the latter obviously being the case in which Phoenix is disbarred.[/spoiler][/SIZE]