OtakuBoards

Mother's Day Thread!

chibi-master

My mom lives on the other side of the country. I usually send her a card and call her on the day. We then will talk for about and hour or so. We're going to celebrate more when I visit by going out dancing and having a good time in some of the Vermont clubs and bars.

[FONT="Tahoma"]I always do something for my mom. I already mailed her the little scrapbook of pictures of her as a kid that I put together. She thought I wanted the pictures to include in my own album, but since she's never gotten around to doing one of herself, I figured she would enjoy it.

If I can, I'm going to actually drive down and see her, but I'm not sure on that one just yet. Mainly because it's possible they might be coming up here to visit the rest of the family. I won't find out until tomorrow sometime. [/FONT]

[color=#9933ff][font=monotype corsiva][size=4]Okay now you really are the holiday thread guru Chibi two.

As far as I know I have no idea what is going on for Mother's day. Ain't that special? Well except for dinner.

I got my mom and my mama some cards. And I had to get a card for my brother and sister-in-law to give to her. I also got my mom some nice PJs. My daughter made sure we got Yellow which is 'mama's favorite color.'

As for me. My daughter made me a card at pre-school and gave it to me last night. That's it

Before I go however I would like to wish all the mothers on the OB a very happy mother's day.[/color][/font][/size]

I often forget 'important' holidays as my sense of time is extremely poor. Everything is just a blur.

I won't be doing anything for Mother's Day because frankly I don't care. I might give her a hug or something now that I'm aware of the day, but meh ...

[font=trebuchet ms] I went to the mall today and literally spent an hour trying to pick between two necklaces, I finally decided on one when my sister for once picked up her phone and reminded me that my mom hates turquoise. lol

But I'm getting up early tomorrow to make her breakfast, which will consist of freshly baked zuchinni bread, eggs, fruit salad/yogurt, etc. And for dinner...I don't know yet, my dad will handle the protein portion but I'm making pasta and grilled asparagus. I actually ended up spending more money on the groceries than on the necklace, haha.... -_-[/font]