OtakuBoards

Lunar: Harmony of the Silver Star

Magus

Or so that's what they're going to call this PSP port. The PSP and the DS are getting a lot of love for these remakes.

[url=http://www.gamepro.com/article/news/210222/lunar-the-silver-star-gets-psp-remake/][u]Link 1[/u][/url]

Incase some of us are feeling lazy.

[quote name='Gamepro']In 2000, fans of the original Lunar: The Silver Star were treated to a nice remake for the PS1 entitled Lunar: Silver Star Story Complete which had updated graphics, CG sequences and music. Game Arts is looking to revitalize the original game with a full remake of the Sega CD version, which is currently set for release in Japan. Lunar: Harmony of Silver Star is featured in the latest issue of Japanese game mag Famitsu, with a two-page spread highlighting some of the upgrades the game will feature. Along with a new isometric view, the game will also feature a hand-drawn style for the characters and backgrounds, as well as new music and an expanded story. Though no U.S. release has been set, this seems like a no-brainer for Game Arts. See above for the full spread.[/quote]

ANN also seems to be talking about it as well.

[url=http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/the-x-button/2009-05-20][u]Link 2[/u][/url]

[quote=ANN]If memory serves, Lunar: The Silver Star has been available on the Sega CD, the PlayStation, the Saturn, the GameBoy Advance, and, in Japan and Korea, the PC. A PSP remake of the game was perhaps inevitable, and that's what the Lunar creators at GameArts and their new parent company, GungHo, have planned. Not that I blame them. Lunar: The Silver Star was a massive cult hit on the Sega CD in 1993 and again on the PlayStation in 1999. It still has fans today, even though this decade's only new Lunar entry was the unspeakably boring Dragon Song for the DS. Fans still prize the first two Lunar games, and while some (myself included) prefer the second, there's much fondness for the first game's tale of an aspiring swordsman and his pet dragon going to taxing lengths to rescue his girlfriend from world-wrecking forces. Cliché? Yes, but Lunar had stunning animated cutscenes, solid gameplay, and, thanks to U.S. publisher Working Designs, an English script far more appealing than the dreary translations slapped on other RPGs of the 1990s.

The PSP version, known as Harmony of the Silver Star, is no lazy port of a previous game, as the character sprites are clearly new and the backgrounds now have that isometric look.

On the other hand, the video sequences seem to come straight from the PlayStation and Saturn versions of the games. Don't expect too many changes to the storyline. Hope instead that GungHo and whatever's left of GameArts will perk up the somewhat dated battle mechanics. Also hope that the localization is good enough to smooth over the trite qualities of Lunar, as Working Designs smoothed them over many years ago. [/quote]

Yeah, I've never played the Lunar games before, but I am curious about them since I've heard talk here and there about the game. Not to mention that they're pretty costly on the PS.... >_< I don't know if this is enough to make me consider getting a PSP at the moment, but as I said, it does make me curious.

I've played the Silver Star Story, and i thought there was another one to come out but I could easily be mistaken.

With the battle system, anime style cutscenes, and sheer storyline I was/am surprised this hasn't happened sooner. If they bring out one for the PSP I'll most likely finally break down and pick one up.

Lunar Silver Star Story and it's sequel Eternal Blue, were among my all time favorites for ps1. So if they do a decent job on it, even I'd be tempted to finally break down and buy a hand held console. This makes me laugh though, since my current avi and banner come from that series. =P