OtakuBoards

LAN Parties

Guest Akito

[SIZE=1]A LAN party is a party where people bring their computers to someones house where they connect them to play games against eachother over a local network. By doing this the slowdown one might normally have while playing a game over the net is reduced drastically. I have been to one, but I didn't play any games. I was too busy watching a movie, I can't remember which one though. Hmm...[/SIZE]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Shyguy [/i]
[B][SIZE=1]A LAN party is a party where people bring their computers to someones house where they connect them to play games against eachother over a local network. By doing this the slowdown one might normally have while playing a game over the net is reduced drastically. I have been to one, but I didn't play any games. I was too busy watching a movie, I can't remember which one though. Hmm...[/SIZE] [/B][/QUOTE]

Ohhh... so [i]that's[/i] a LAN party?! Dude, these guys in my business systems class, do that ever day! They all play Grand Theft Auto 3 against each other..... I suppose they've installed the game into about 6 computers (six guys), and have linked them together using the network neighborhood? Hmmmm... LoL. Coolies.

[B]I've played LAN games at the place I work during the summer and at school. In Korea there was recently a games tournament where the grand prize was £250,000. Korean master gamers are treated like royalty over there[/B]

Guest Voodookanaka
the original carmageddon rulez over a lan (i have one set up in my room.(wut so i got a lot of computer parts n stuff laying around...im not that much of a nerd) if u race proper with 6 of u its a dead cool laugh.
how the helld they get GTA3 on a lan!?!?!?!!?!? I dont understand (my head hurts)

(shouldnt this be in GG)

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Son Goten [/i]
[B]GTA3 is on the computer? i thought it was only for PS2, and it's a 1 player game for PS2.... [/B][/QUOTE]

Yeah.... They either installed it off of a cd, or downloaded it off the web.... I'm not sure which, but I did see one kid running around to different computers, with a cd in hand. So....

I go to a LAN party every Saturday night now. It's really fun, we play CS, watch anime, and pass around info bout new games/anime.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Akito [/i]
[B]I go to a LAN party every Saturday night now. It's really fun, we play CS, watch anime, and pass around info bout new games/anime. [/B][/QUOTE]

CS is a wicked game. I played once or twice in a specially organised club with gaming computers. I am really rubbish though...

There are a lot of those in Asia...as for a local LAN party...I usually get my tower or laptop with my own ethernet card/wire and head over to my friend's house which has a space dedicated to his computer...it takes a while to set up...but it is a lot of fun...especially for FPS games.

The most ppl i've played with at a LAN party was 50 ppl. Good thing it was during the winter, cause it got hot in the building we were playing in.