Jump to content
OtakuBoards

LAN Parties


Recommended Posts

Posted
Do any of u ppl who seem to play video games ever go to a LAN party?
Posted
*scrathes head* Um, is that a technical term? If so, can you simplfiy it? I'm not good with tech. crap, so I might go to a LAN party and not know it... Eheh. Local Area Network? A ripoff of MGS's ripoff? Eheh...
Posted
I think I remember my friend telling me about something called a [i]LAN party[/i]. Isn't it when a bunch of kids (or people) get together, and play video games for money?.... Like, bet each other? If not... I have no clue.

Umm.. and no, I've never been to one.
Posted
[SIZE=1]A LAN party is a party where people bring their computers to someones house where they connect them to play games against eachother over a local network. By doing this the slowdown one might normally have while playing a game over the net is reduced drastically. I have been to one, but I didn't play any games. I was too busy watching a movie, I can't remember which one though. Hmm...[/SIZE]
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Shyguy [/i]
[B][SIZE=1]A LAN party is a party where people bring their computers to someones house where they connect them to play games against eachother over a local network. By doing this the slowdown one might normally have while playing a game over the net is reduced drastically. I have been to one, but I didn't play any games. I was too busy watching a movie, I can't remember which one though. Hmm...[/SIZE] [/B][/QUOTE]

Ohhh... so [i]that's[/i] a LAN party?! Dude, these guys in my business systems class, do that ever day! They all play Grand Theft Auto 3 against each other..... I suppose they've installed the game into about 6 computers (six guys), and have linked them together using the network neighborhood? Hmmmm... LoL. Coolies.
Posted
[B]I've played LAN games at the place I work during the summer and at school. In Korea there was recently a games tournament where the grand prize was £250,000. Korean master gamers are treated like royalty over there[/B]
Guest Voodookanaka
Posted
the original carmageddon rulez over a lan (i have one set up in my room.(wut so i got a lot of computer parts n stuff laying around...im not that much of a nerd) if u race proper with 6 of u its a dead cool laugh.
how the helld they get GTA3 on a lan!?!?!?!!?!? I dont understand (my head hurts)

(shouldnt this be in GG)
Posted
GTA3 is on the computer? i thought it was only for PS2, and it's a 1 player game for PS2....
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Son Goten [/i]
[B]GTA3 is on the computer? i thought it was only for PS2, and it's a 1 player game for PS2.... [/B][/QUOTE]

Yeah.... They either installed it off of a cd, or downloaded it off the web.... I'm not sure which, but I did see one kid running around to different computers, with a cd in hand. So....
Posted
I go to a LAN party every Saturday night now. It's really fun, we play CS, watch anime, and pass around info bout new games/anime.
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Akito [/i]
[B]I go to a LAN party every Saturday night now. It's really fun, we play CS, watch anime, and pass around info bout new games/anime. [/B][/QUOTE]

CS is a wicked game. I played once or twice in a specially organised club with gaming computers. I am really rubbish though...
Posted
There are a lot of those in Asia...as for a local LAN party...I usually get my tower or laptop with my own ethernet card/wire and head over to my friend's house which has a space dedicated to his computer...it takes a while to set up...but it is a lot of fun...especially for FPS games.
Posted
[B]LAN rules because it can go at 2mb a second easily with 30 people playing half-life etc. Counter Strike is brilliant over a LAN[/B]
Posted
[B]It's true, Counter-Strike rules on LAN, however I don't have any where that I can play LAN games, so I've never properly participated in a BIG LAN game.[/B]
Posted
The most ppl i've played with at a LAN party was 50 ppl. Good thing it was during the winter, cause it got hot in the building we were playing in.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...