OtakuBoards

New Movies?

Lunar

[COLOR="Gray"][COLOR="DimGray"]So there's going to be (and has been) like a TON of new movies that are coming out this year. Most of them are looking pretty gosh darn awesome if I might say so myself.

There are a few movies that I've been looking forward to (such as Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen; Terminator: Salvation, Ice Age 3; Start Trek; etc.).

So what new movies do you really want to see? Why? If you have seen a newer movie, did you like it? Why? Would you recommend it to friends?[/COLOR][/COLOR]

[FONT="Book Antiqua"][/FONT] Well, to be honest, most of the movies I'm looking forward to are prequal/sequals, and some of them don't come out for a while, while some are in theaters. They include (in no particular order) X-men origans: Wolverine, The new Star Trek, The Hobbit, Iron Man 2, Spider Man 4, etc. I typically don't pay attention to movies until they are already in theaters, but these are series I'm already into. Also, I HAVE been taking notice of The New Moon movie (Twilight 2) but since I think it's not going to be much good, I'm not excited about it.

I watched [b]Up[/b] a couple of days ago -- definitely recommend that. I'd have to rewatch some Pixar movies I haven't seen in a while to really back this up, but I think [b]Up[/b] is one of Pixar's funniest movies. I laughed pretty much the entire time, aside from the first 10-15 minutes, or so, which would probably make up a rather brilliant animated short if it weren't a part of the movie.

[quote name='Shinmaru']I watched [b]Up[/b] a couple of days ago -- definitely recommend that. I'd have to rewatch some Pixar movies I haven't seen in a while to really back this up, but I think [b]Up[/b] is one of Pixar's funniest movies. I laughed pretty much the entire time, aside from the first 10-15 minutes, or so, which would probably make up a rather brilliant animated short if it weren't a part of the movie.[/QUOTE]

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]That calls for a side-by-side comparison with [I]A Bug's Life[/I], since out of the ones I've seen, that's probably the funniest in my opinion. Good to hear good things about [I]Up[/I], though. Pixar hasn't let me down yet, but it's still nice to be reassured. Though it'll be hard for them to top [I]Wall-E[/I] in my eyes.

Upcoming movies I'm looking forward to include [I]The Princess and the Frog[/I] for reasons I've already covered in that movie's specific thread and [I]Iron Man 2[/I] because the first one was my favorite superhero movie ever.[/FONT]

[quote name='Shinmaru']I watched [b]Up[/b] a couple of days ago -- definitely recommend that. I'd have to rewatch some Pixar movies I haven't seen in a while to really back this up, but I think [b]Up[/b] is one of Pixar's funniest movies. I laughed pretty much the entire time, aside from the first 10-15 minutes, or so, which would probably make up a rather brilliant animated short if it weren't a part of the movie.[/QUOTE]

[COLOR="dimgray"]A lot of Pixar movies are really good; my favorite has to be Wall-E. I've watched that many times on end. [/COLOR]

[quote name='Ace'][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]
Upcoming movies I'm looking forward to include [I]The Princess and the Frog[/I] for reasons I've already covered in that movie's specific thread and [I]Iron Man 2[/I] because the first one was my favorite superhero movie ever.[/FONT][/QUOTE]
[COLOR="DimGray"]
I saw that thread, and I really want to see that movie. Looks like it should be a really good movie. I have yet to see the previews for Iron Man 2; in fact, I haven't even heard of it until now. [/COLOR]

I've already seen the new Star Trek movie and I'd recommend it, even to non Trek fans. It was a very enjoyable movie, in spite of the few hang ups that it had.

The other movie on my list to see this summer is Up. The preview for it just looks like a lot of fun and the people I know who have seen it, loved it.

I'm sure there are others I'd like to see, but I don't recall which ones at the moment.

[quote name='Lunar'][COLOR="DimGray"]
I saw that thread, and I really want to see that movie. Looks like it should be a really good movie. I have yet to see the previews for Iron Man 2; in fact, I haven't even heard of it until now. [/COLOR][/QUOTE]

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]I don't think there are any previews out for it yet, and I'm not sure it's even slated for this year. It has been in production for a while now, though.

I really need to check out what all is scheduled for this year. My must-see list is really short.

EDIT:

I just saw [B]UP[/B].

Everyone drop whatever you are doing and go see [B]UP[/B] right this instant. I'm not even joking.

Unless of course you are either watching it right now or thinking about how awesome it was. In which case, proceed. But first turn off your computer and pay for a ticket, you hooligan.[/FONT]