OtakuBoards

Otaku Jeopardy (Game) Week 1

Korey

[FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"]Congratulations to our contestants for this week: [B]Shinmaru[/B], [B]Sangome[/B] and [B]John[/B]. Here is the first batch of questions. Remember, the topic is [B]Famous People and Characters[/B].

[I]1) This bounty hunter flies a pink spaceship

2) Saying his name backwards sends him to the fifth dimension. Also, the Jeopardy Host.[/I]

Remember, you are allowed to look up any answer you may not know. However, doing so may affect your speed. You're not required to answer in the form of a question. Simply provide the person/character's name. The person to correctly post the answers will receieve two points.

Good luck![/FONT]

**** it, I'll throw something out.

1) The only answering popping in my head is Samus Aran. She mainly flies a dark yellow/orange-ish ship, but on occasion she flies a ship that could be sort of pink-ish ...

2) This one is clearly Alex Trebek.

1) I'm gonna have to say Faye Valentine. Her ship looks sort of pinkish sometimes.

2) Shin got it, but I'll go ahead and give myself gold stars for saying that the backwards-name fifth-dimension thing was taken from Superman villain Mr. Mxyzptlk.

[FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"]Alright, after the first day of questions, it looks like we have a score.

The answers to the questions were as follows:

[i]1. This bounty hounter flies a pink space ship[/i][B] (Spike Spiegel)[/B] Spike's ship, the Swordfish, was pink. Faye's ship was grey/blue

[i]2. Saying his name backwards sends him to the fifth dimension. Also, the Jeopardy host.[/i] [B](Alex Trebek). [/B]It was mentioned in a Family Guy episode when Adam West was on Jeopardy.

So the score is:
[B]
Shinmaru:1
Sangome:1
John: 0 [/B]
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Today's questions are:

[I]1. This Red Sox DH, you can call him "Big Papi"

2. This detective, known only by a letter.[/I]
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Good luck everyone![/FONT]

[FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"]Alright Day 2 is done. Here's the answers to the questions

1) This Red Sox DH, you can call him "Big Papi"[B] (David Ortiz)[/B]

2) This detective, known only by a letter. [B](L)[/B]

So the score is now:

[B]John-2
Shinmaru-1
Sangome- 0[/B]
~~~~~~~~~~~
Today's questions are:

[I]1) Rides the Crazy Train, likes to eat bats.

2) This former Deliquent has some serious power in his finger.[/I]
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"]Day 3 is done and it looks like we've got the correct answers up.

Here's the answers to the questions:
[I]
1) Rides the Crazy Train, likes to eat bats. [/I][b](Ozzy Osbourne)[/b]

[I]2) This former Deliquent has some serious power in his finger.[/I] [B](Yusuke Urameshi)[/B]

The score is now:

[B]Shinmaru-3
John-2
Sangome-1[/B]
~~~~~~~~~~
Today's questions are:

[I]1) This man, number 44, broke the trend with the commander-in-chief in 2008.[/I]

[i]2)This Admin has his own fanclub.[/i]
~~~~~~~~~~

[FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"]Alrighty, Day 4 is over and the tension is palpable!

Here's the answers:

[I]1) This man, number 44, broke the trend with the commander-in-chief in 2008.[/i] [b] (Barack Obama)[/b]

[i]2)This Admin has his own fanclub.[/I] [b](Desbreko)[/b]

The score is now:
Sangome- 3
Shinmaru-3
John-2
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The final day's questions are:

[i]1) This actor, known for his martial arts, was also the subject of Black Mamba's revenge.

2)Batman. Also the mayor of Quahog, Rhode Island [/i]
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"]Alrighty, looks like we have our final day's questions answered...

[I]1) This actor, known for his martial arts, was also the subject of Black Mamba's revenge.[/I] [B](David Carradine)[/B]

[I]2) Batman. Also, the Mayor of Quahog, Rhode Island.[/I] [B](Adam West)[/B]

So the final tally is:

[B]John-2
Sangome-3
Shinmaru-5[/B]

Congratulations to our winner, [B]Shinmaru[/B]! You are Otaku Jeopardy's week one champion. You will continue onto next week's show where you will face two new contestants.

Congratulations and thank you to all who participated this week. We hope to see you back soon![/FONT]