OtakuBoards

.hack//????

Dot.Hack//LOVER

There is going to be one more .hack game: .hack//LINK for PSP. It's set in 2020, three years after G.U., where The World R:X is coming out. The game centers around Tokio Kuryuu and Saika Amagi, although there will also be TONS of returning characters from past .hack installments.
Basically, it's a giant fanservice game.

[b][url=http://www.cc2.co.jp/hack_link2/index.html]Click here[/url][/b] for CC2's site on the game. There's also [b][url=http://www.hack.channel.or.jp/link/]here[/url][/b], the .hack channel. You can check out what characters they have planned for the game so far.

[quote name='Meggido']Sweet a .hack game based around the recent manga.[/QUOTE]
I would actually say the manga is based off the game. XD
CC2 has done this before, with the G.U.+ manga and the G.U. games. They started serializing the manga in a magazine before the first game had come out. I think that was done mostly to create hype for the main show, aka the games. And the same is sort of happening now.

[quote name='Dot.Hack//LOVER']Oh yay!! I totally can't wait then. When's it coming out?[/QUOTE]
We don't know yet. lol
There was a rumored release date of December 24th of this year, but there's no credit to that, so honestly it's anyone's guess.

[quote name='Miss Anonymous']I would actually say the manga is based off the game. XD
CC2 has done this before, with the G.U.+ manga and the G.U. games.[/QUOTE]

How long before GU or for that matter .hack//roots was G.U. + serialized in magazines? Just asking out of interest simply because the manga for .hack//link has been serialized since back in 2007, though I can't seem to find information on how regularly.

The fact that there will be 30 characters who can be invited to your party is awesome, though the fact that you can only have a party of 2 kinda sucks.

[quote name='Meggido']How long before GU or for that matter .hack//roots was G.U. + serialized in magazines?[/QUOTE]
G.U.+ was serialized in the .hack//G.U. The World magazine, which began on November 26, 2005. Roots started in Japan on April 6th, 2006 and the first G.U. game was released May 18 the same year. As you can see, the manga started about half a year before the anime or game was even out.

[quote name='Meggido']The fact that there will be 30 characters who can be invited to your party is awesome, though the fact that you can only have a party of 2 kinda sucks.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, that will be pretty cool. What I've heard is that there'll be 100 returning characters from past installments, with 33 available as party members. That's a pretty big window of opportunity; I mean, the chances of your favorite character at least making an appearance is rather high if that information stays true.

It [i]is[/i] a bit sad that it's ending, but... frankly, I'd rather the franchise end on a high note. lol I would've been perfectly content with .hack ending either after R:1 or R:2. So right now, I'm really hoping .hack//LINK doesn't suck. I have no real reason to think so at the moment, since all we have for now is a fifty second trailer to give us a sneak preview on the gameplay.

Honestly, if LINK can manage to take the .hack franchise out with a big shebang, I'll be happy. As long as the game is fun, man, that's all I need. XP

I'll agree with Miss Anonymous. I actually think GU was more superior than the original games so if this is just as good then it will be a good way for it to end.

I remember that at one stage there was news of their going to be a .hack mmo in Japan but I have no idea if it even got of the ground.

[quote name='Meggido']I remember that at one stage there was news of their going to be a .hack mmo in Japan but I have no idea if it even got of the ground.[/QUOTE]

[SIZE="1"]There was one, [U][URL="http://dothack.wikia.com/wiki/.hack//fr%C3%A4gment"]Fragment.[/URL][/U] The page is pretty thorough on it, but basically it lasted a couple of years before service ended, with an announcement that it will not be coming to the US.

I've heard mixed reviews about it...my understanding is that it didn't really encapsulate the feel of The World enough to their liking.[/SIZE]