OtakuBoards

ff 9 help *spoilers*

Guest Steiner

I hated that boss. Hades is an optional boss that you can fight later in the game. If you fight and actually defeat the pain in the butt known as Hades, you can synthesize the best items in the game.

I believe that it's in Memoria. You have to enter a room in which Quina thinks that there is water and tries to swim. After the cut scene, search the hidden area amongst the coral on the right side of the screen. After a voice begins to ward you off, persist in the conversation to fight Hades. Just keep on pressing the confirm button there, since a "!" icon won't appear.

Yeah that's where Hades is, but you need to synthesize 2 pumice pieces into one Pumice, that gem teaches Ark. As for the mini-burmecia that does nothing but increase your treasure hunter rank or whatever. It's been a year since I played 9 so I forget the basics, lol but remember the detailed stuff, weird. Anyway, you get the gold chocobo the same way as you get the dark blue, blue, and red ones. You need to get chocographs and then find them, certain ones take you to fatso choco and he upgrades you. You need to get a red chocobo before you get to gold tho I recall. Once you get a gold you can go to the air garden and dig for stuff, visit fat chocobo, and do a few other things as well.

[SIZE=4]SPOILER[/SIZE]

Lemme put in this way....you can eventually leave and enter into towns such as Lindblum and Burmecia, but your main target is going to be the Lifa Tree. You'll definantly want to level up and stock up on items first though.
Keep in mind, disc 4 is short...I've heard it's because the FMV at the end is loooooooooong.

[SIZE=3][FONT=century gothic][COLOR=crimson]when you post spoilers like 'go to the lifa tree at the end' please make sure you add at the BEGINING of the post the word 'SPOILER' or something to get peoples attention so you dont ruin the game for them... while yes this person is asking... there could be someone who wants to use this thread for something earlier and reads that and losses intrest in the game... so for the kindness of others please make this note (that is y i edited your post as well)[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]