Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
[FONT="Lucida Sans Unicode"][COLOR="RoyalBlue"]Sounds like someone should have his xbox taken away for good. If he's that obsessive about it, he doesn't need it. Though at the same time, threatening to call the police doesn't seem like a very good means for any parent to use to deal with things either.

I wonder if they had used disciplinary measures from the beginning, about his playing habits, if it would have ever gotten to that point in the first place.[/COLOR][/FONT]
Posted
[quote name='Knuckles' Girl][COLOR="Navy"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]I mean I actually had an older lady approach me in the mall one time cause I was trying to drag my screaming son from the candy store and tried to complain telling me that what I was doing was wrong when all I did was pick him up and carry him out...I'm sorry some people need smacked.[/FONT'][/COLOR][/quote]o_O Woah, wut? You're taking him out because he was misbehaving, and that's wrong? I'd be more inclined to look at the woman and wonder why she's attempting to butt in like that. I find it really sad when parents either give in and give the kids what they want, to shut them up, or ignore them and let them run wild.
Posted
I can't even imagine ever doing something like that to my own parents. I never did, ever. Fortunately, none of my own children behaved in this manner. We've had our differences of course, but even working those out never included threats to call the police or tossing food about.

I have to agree with the sentiment that if they're allowing their gaming time to interfere with stuff like dinner, then they don't need to be playing until they learn to not allow it to get in the way
Posted
I realise this is a fairly old topic... But that just made me laugh. Added bonus the man beast finally unglued his butt from the floor to read it too.

Hmmm... Well worst situation I've ever had was me calling my step dad a bad name in Spanish. I dont even remember what it was cuz I was like 12. He chased me out the house and down the street a bit screaming. Thats about it. I never really got into much trouble mainly cuz unless it was serious my parents never really got after me.

Hmmm... I just remembered a post on Ebay like years ago where some kids punishment for bad behavior was ALL of his video games and systems being put up for bid cuz his mom got tired of his crap. I think it had something to do with a liqour cabnet raid from him and his friends. Like she put the whole story up on her post.

Ahhh... Makes me happy Im child free...
Posted
At least it was a taco and not a weapon, eh? I had some spats with my parents in the past in high school. Usually it just ends up me being locked out of the house for a few hours.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...