OtakuBoards

Teen charged with assaulting mom with taco

Rachmaninoff

I know I shouldn't laugh at this, since it does show behavior issues but I can't help it. The full article on it can be found here:

[URL="http://www.myfoxorlando.com/dpp/news/011909_taco_kid"][U]Teen charged with assaulting mom with taco[/U][/URL]

I know I had my issues with my parents when I was growing up, but it never turned into hitting or tossing food at them. o_O Anyway, what kind of scuffles did you end up having with your own parents? Did you ever toss a taco at anyone? =P

If I ever did that to my mom, one of two things would happen.

1. I would be dead
2. I would be the one with the taco in my face, though from what I understand of the article the kid had been doing crap like that for awhile, and lets just say it never would have happened again >.>

Seriously, the mom should have taco'd the kid instead. The first time he pulled something like that, not wait until he pulled that. Parents these days...

Edit: On second though, I would be both taco'd AND killed @_@

Thats an.. interesting story.

If i did that i would probably be killed by both parents and my brother and it wouldnt be pleasent.(sp?)

If my parents did that to me however, i would call the cops, and the cops would probably say something like "They're your parents. They're allowed to do that." or something. Thats what my parents say they would say if i ever called the cops on them.

:/

[FONT="Tahoma"]If that was my kid, I would have been the one going to jail had the cops been called. As hysterical as assault by taco is, the parents must have done one crappy *** job with this kid, it's already safe to assume this kid has never seen a beating while growing up to teach him anything. In any case, just another ridiculous example of the degeneration of our oh so hopeful future generations. I knew something was up when every school i graduated from hit the news for new levels of violence and rape starting the exact year after my senior years.

The worst i have ever done concerning my parents was cursing in front of them. I never put a hand on either of them...or food. [/FONT]

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]And to think I can't even grumble in my mother's presence without facing dire consequences.

Honestly, though. The problem should never have progressed that far. If she had threatened to have him arrested before, there were obviously some major problems there. Threats of violence against parents just shouldn't happen, even ignoring the taco issue. I'd say the XBox should have gone off-limits long ago, even as an avid gamer who doesn't believe games promote violence any more than the average CSI episode. If the game is such a big deal that a nineteen year old legal adult feels the need to assault his mother with her own cooking, he doesn't need to be playing.[/FONT]

[FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"][SIZE="1"][COLOR="Navy"]I believe I had a similar thread to this in the Arcade... So I'll use most of the same response.

[quote name='Korey'][FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"][COLOR="Indigo"]
I grew up in the "gangsta rap" era of hip-hop and the sex-infused, vice filled world of rock and roll (with some grunge mixed in). Yet I never shot anyone, rampaged through a school or anything of that sort. I always keep myself in control of my mind and realize that while I play video games, they aren't real and this is just something I do for enjoyment.The kids who did Columbine were mentally unstable kids, as was this one. .[/COLOR][/FONT][/QUOTE]

Now, using someone's cooking as a weapon is kinda weird and offbeat, but this kid again had a problem with controlling his video game time. It makes me sad to know that I'm 20 years old and have 10 times the self-control this one has. At that age, people don't really want to acknowledge that they have a problem controlling activities that may have been acceptable in the past, when they were children. However, when you get older and all you do is play video games and you shirk off responsibilities in order to play a game, then there certainly is a problem.

Ace said it best so I'll just quote him.

[quote name='Ace][Font="Comic Sans MS"']If the game is such a big deal that a nineteen year old legal adult feels the need to assault his mother with her own cooking, he doesn't need to be playing.[/Font][/quote][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT="Tahoma"]Aw hell, worse things over here have happened over xbox games. Including a shooting or two. But most of the people in my generation, even within one or two behind and ahead of me, have enough respect for their own parents to not even hit or curse at them.

Out of all the crap that goes on over here, filial piety is quite solid with most of us borough inhabitants.[/FONT]

[quote name='Ace'][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]And to think I can't even grumble in my mother's presence without facing dire consequences.[/FONT][/QUOTE]

And I can't even [I]look[/I] at anyone without my mom grasping the back of my neck and hissing threats into my ear...

Honestly, if I tried crap like that, I'd have bruises from my dad's belt up and down my hind-side in a mere moment.:animedepr

[quote name='chibi-master]And I can't even [I]look[/I'] at anyone without my mom grasping the back of my neck and hissing threats into my ear...[/quote]It's that evil eyes thing you do, right? =P Joking aside, if my mom didn't whack you for misbehaving, my father did. So we learned to behave rather quickly.

There's a lovely little button called pause. If you press the button and it stops the game for you. You can leave for a few and guess what! The game is just where you left off.

Seriously though I would never do that to either of my parents. I cuss and swear in front of my dad and it don't bother him any. I even flipped him the bird a few times. Now my mom on the other hand, I won't any of that. I know whats I can do and what I can't do. No need to cross the line anytime.

[FONT="Arial"][INDENT][I]I?ve threatened to call police before," she said. "But anyway this time, I thought he went too far so I called police and he's in jail now.?[/I][/INDENT]

Far be it from me to defend the moron. But this little statement right here says to me "I don't deserve to be a parent".

If your control over your children consists of threatening to call the police, someone should have called child services a decade ago on your lousy butt.[/FONT]

[color=darkgreen][font=garamond]The only reason that story is in the news is because of the taco. Kids assault their parents all the time, and sometimes the parents get fed up and decide to call the cops and give their kids a taste of what it's like to be an adult and face consequences for your actions. And good on them. But if you decide to assault your mum with something comical, THEN it's newsworthy.

In other news, I'm eating a taco right now.

It may have been just as traumatising for the kid if his mum decided to go upstairs and assault his xbox with a taco. Now THAT's news.[/font][/color]

[quote name='Rachmaninoff']It's that evil eyes thing you do, right? =P[/QUOTE]

It's nothing to joke about, Rach... I don't know that I'm doing it, so I seem to be getting hollered at quite a bit these days... Apparently my default facial expression is, "I KEEL YOU VEETH SHAUVEL!!!"

But my sister once got a good switching because she threw a fit and tossed her shoe a couple inches. I'm not exaggerating about the length. I was there. She got mad at me and tossed it at the bottom of her bed. My mom came flying in at inhuman speed and...well, any decently raised person will know what comes next...:animedepr

[quote name='chibi-master]It's nothing to joke about, Rach... I don't know that I'm doing it, so I seem to be getting hollered at quite a bit these days... Apparently my default facial expression is, "I KEEL YOU VEETH SHAUVEL!!!"[/QUOTE]Then maybe you need to work on smiling more? Or does that make you look even more evil? :smirk: And yes I'm just poking fun, don't take it to heart. [QUOTE=chibi-master']But my sister once got a good switching because she threw a fit and tossed her shoe a couple inches. I'm not exaggerating about the length. I was there. She got mad at me and tossed it at the bottom of her bed. My mom came flying in at inhuman speed and...well, any decently raised person will know what comes next...:animedepr[/quote]Well at least you know she'll whack both of you for misbehaving and not just you.

@Ravenstorture: I rather like the idea of the mom assaulting the xbox with a taco, even though the thought of a parent doing that makes me go... wtf and then some.

[quote name='Rachmaninoff']Then maybe you need to work on smiling more? Or does that make you look even more evil? :smirk: [/QUOTE]

HA! Let's just say that in my class picture, I looked like I was planning on strangling the girl in front of me with a sinister smile and some piano wire...:animeswea

[COLOR="Navy"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]When I first read this my initial reaction was WTF?!?!? What the hell happened to parents spanking their kids for things like this? I swear if I ever got caught doing something I wasnt supposed to I got the wooden spoon and I had many broken on my behind, my older brother as well...But than again like stated earlier in the thread, you can look at your kids wrong now and its abuse...thats just another wtf moment. I mean I actually had an older lady approach me in the mall one time cause I was trying to drag my screaming son from the candy store and tried to complain telling me that what I was doing was wrong when all I did was pick him up and carry him out...I'm sorry some people need smacked.[/FONT][/COLOR]

[FONT="Tahoma"]Part of me wants to laugh at this since the idea of tossing a taco at someone seems so absurd and silly. But the other part of me finds it sad that the family's relations are so broken.

My parents had rules I didn't care for, but it never entered my head to toss food at them. o_O Though they never made silly threats about having us arrested, they just made it clear that we were expected to abide by the house rules. [/FONT]

[FONT="Tahoma"][COLOR="DarkGreen"]What a waste of a perfectly good Taco. XD

Anyway, if they're resorting to threats to get their kid arrested for misbehaving... what kind of parents are they? Seriously. o_O It sounds like the parents are just as messed up as the kid is. [/COLOR][/FONT]

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"][COLOR="MediumTurquoise"]I think the best part about that article is the McDonald's hamburger ad next to it. XD A [I]hamburger[/I] would get the job done!

His mother is hilarious. I wish my mom had that authority over my brother! XD What a weird family, though; taco-wielding son, and no-nonsense-or-you-go-to-jail mom. O.O [/COLOR][/FONT]