OtakuBoards

Stomach Flu...

chibi-master

My stomach is trying to kill me right now, so I was wondering if anyone knows some good home remedies for the stomach flu. I've been downing Sprite for a few hours now, but that doesn't seem to be helping. I'm going to hope that this goes away overnight so it doesn't ruin my weekend, but my stomach feels pretty bad...

Also, what are the worst sicknesses you've ever had? Not broken bones or anything, but things like the flu or something.

[COLOR="DarkRed"][SIZE="3"][FONT="Garamond"]Right now, I think the most important thing you need to do is stay hydrated. If it's stomach flu, you're going to lose a lot of fluids...not getting into that. Generally, I don't think of soda when I think of hydration, but I also heard things like ginger ale can help your stomach. I don't know for sure, but I do know sugar will probably hurt it a lot. You can never go wrong with water. And I'm not 100% sure what medicines to take, sorry about that.

I had stomach flu about 4 years ago, and that was about as sick as I ever been. It did kill that weekend I was suppose to hang out with some buddies, so sorry if it does make you pretty sick for a few days. I didn't really eat at all either. After a day and a half of not feeling like eating, I forced myself to eat something small here and there. The worst part was that I had to stay in sight of a bathroom at all times...

[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

When it comes to soda, only drink ginger ale because ginger root is known to settle the stomach. Eat popscicles, drink water, a lot of it, but slowly so you do not agitate your stomach. When you are hungry, eat a lot of saltine crackers because that is also easy on your stomach. Get a lot of rest and watch tv when you are awake and are bored. When the food commercials seem to not repulse you, then you are getting better. :D

Keep a pail close by or have items ready to make the bathroom floor more accommodating. Also make sure your bedroom floor is clean so if you do make accidents, you do not puke all over your shoes (That happened to me once >_>)

Besides that, just wait it out.

Whenever I get sick, I get really sick. So usually when I get sick, it goes all out and is severe.

Ginger Ale really is the best thing for you. The stomach virus can be tricky depending on the person who has. When I had it I ate graham crackers and drank Canada Dry ginger ale. Water was really helpful because of the fluids I lost.

My worst sicknesses were the strep throat(Ive had every year now for 6 years...including this year. It sucks) and the stomach virus. I dont have to explain the pain and torment I went through with that...I hated it and I just had not too long ago. I went to school....(dont ask why)....and had to blance the trials of getting to a bathroom in time and trying to attend class. Worst week of mylife.