Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
This isnt a big issue or anything I just thought i would post it because others may have had the same issue at one point or another. I went to send a buddy a picture i created over a private message but there was no ''Manage Attachments'' like in the threads. I had to post it in a thread where everyone could see it instead of just being able to show him. Again its not a big issue just something to keep in mind because im sure it wouldnt be too hard to change. just a bit of coding. =)
Posted
[FONT="Trebuchet MS"]I've never tried to attach an image to a PM, but I do know you can host it using something like imageshack and simply link them to it in a PM. If you have an account imageshack lets you toggle things as private so only those you give the link to can see it.

That's something you could use if you need to send something again. I don't do any of the updates for the site so I don't know how the PM settings work. I'm sure Desbreko could answer that question though.

But until then, the other option would at least give you a work around so you didn't have to openly post it.[/FONT]
Posted
[color=#4B0082]Attaching files to PMs isn't possible on this version of vB without installing a mod. It'll likely be enabled whenever we can get around to upgrading the vB software but probably won't happen before then.

For now, I'd recommend sharing files with ImageShack for images, Google Documents for text, and some file hosting site like Megaupload for other files.[/color]
Posted
Alright good to know :) Glad to hear we will see it in the future though it just saves time going to multiple websites and doing all that instead of attaching it from pushing a browse button =P Thanks!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...