OtakuBoards

Occupation = Aid. Apparently.

Raiha

[COLOR="DarkOrchid"][FONT="times new roman"]So in totally unsurprising news, Venezuela's loud mouthed jerk of a president has accused the US of occupying Haiti under guise of rendering aid in time of crisis. France has done the same thing, presumably to direct attention away from the fact that their country has given significantly less in the way of fiscal support.

Is there any merit to this accusation? Tell me precisely how does one render aid to a country without actually going there to make sure the logistics are taken care of? There's no real government in place at the second next to a cheap pathetic excuse for martial law, and there's no real system set up to give out what people need the most. Food, medical supplies, fresh water, medicine. So how would it be helpful if the US just sent money, with of course most of it being embezzled by corrupt politician...[/FONT][/COLOR]

[URL="http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/centralamericaandthecaribbean/haiti/7020908/US-accused-of-occupying-Haiti-as-troops-flood-in.html"]UK Telegraph: France to US: YOU'RE ALL OCCUPYING POWER HUNGER JERKS![/URL]

[font=franklin gothic medium]I'm not sure why the word "occupation" is being used at all. It seems to me that the only real conflict relates to U.S. control of the airport (which, according to the article, is now settled by virtue of the fact that the U.S. is prioritizing aid flights).

So the article almost seems to point out the fact that the original problem seems to have been resolved. [/font]