Adrammelech Posted January 28, 2010 Posted January 28, 2010 Hi Guys! Just made a new wallpaper featuring the Akatsuki from Naruto Shippuden Ryujinki. I decided to use japanese art as the background and turn it into a dark, jagged manga style. And here's how it turned out. Tell me what you guys think. [url]http://www.theotaku.com/wallpapers/view/194013/akatsuki_rising[/url] Cheers! :)
Sara Posted January 29, 2010 Posted January 29, 2010 [font=helvetica]Well, my first impression is that I don't really like it, because it's 1.) too dark, and 2.) too jagged. But apparently that's exactly what you're going for, so. . . good job, I guess. Haha.[/font]
Katie! Posted January 29, 2010 Posted January 29, 2010 I'm pretty sure you don't have the authority to use "The Great Wave".
Sara Posted January 29, 2010 Posted January 29, 2010 [quote name='Citric']I'm pretty sure you don't have the authority to use "The Great Wave".[/QUOTE][font=helvetica]I believe it's considered public domain by both USA and Japanese copyright law.[/font]
Katie! Posted February 8, 2010 Posted February 8, 2010 [quote name='Sara'][font=helvetica]I believe it's considered public domain by both USA and Japanese copyright law.[/font][/QUOTE] Then how come I wasn't allowed to use it for a graphic design project?
cecily Posted April 16, 2010 Posted April 16, 2010 A good fighting game wallpaper on the engine MUGEN. characters. Not a bad once you learn the creators. The wallpaper created specifically for gamers ". 2D graphics Delight game wallpaper more interesting and attractive.
jigglyness Posted April 16, 2010 Posted April 16, 2010 [quote name='Citric']Then how come I wasn't allowed to use it for a graphic design project?[/QUOTE] [size=1]The fact that the class is "graphic design" is the reason why they don't allow you to use it. Technically you CAN use it but most graphic design classes don't want to deal with the whole copyright thing. They prefer you use stock images that you pay for. I've taken a few graphic design classes and almost all of my professors are picky about images that you don't have permission to use. I think the wallpaper's contrast is so high that its hard to distinguish the foreground from the background. The focal point isn't there. I also don't get why there is a HUGE white section at the top.....[/size]
Russell123 Posted April 24, 2010 Posted April 24, 2010 Yes Sara i also agreed with you. really such type of wallpapers are dark. in my view a bright wallpaper is more attractive and colors combination play a lot . Anyhow best of luck for your work
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now