OtakuBoards

What have you won?

chibi-master

Have you ever won anything? ANYTHING? A ribbon, medal, contest or such?

I've won a lot of crappy Track&Field ribbons, not to mention medals provided by the school to make the kids with no ribbons feel better. I've won a few contests, and a few arguments. But I'm about to have to get going for the bus pretty soon, and will have to elaborate later!

(I don't believe people on the radio when they say that they've never won anything!)

[FONT="Trebuchet MS"][quote name='chibi-master'](I don't believe people on the radio when they say that they've never won anything!)[/quote]Why? Considering how many people there are out there I'd say it is more likely to have [I]not[/I] won anything.

Anyway if you're talking about more official contests then no I haven't won anything. If you get into school then yes I've gotten stuff for different things. Same as you, though not for stuff like track since I never did that kind of thing.[/FONT]

Cartoon Network used to have these call-in contests/giveaways, and one night I called and actually won! Man, I remember the lady on the phone saying, "Congratulations, you won!" She was laughing at my excitement too. XP

So yeah, I ended up winning a Gameboy Color and three PowerPuff Girl games. It was pretty cool; winning it, not necessarily the games themselves.

[quote name='Rachmaninoff'][FONT="Trebuchet MS"]Why? Considering how many people there are out there I'd say it is more likely to have [I]not[/I] won anything.[/FONT][/QUOTE]

Well, I'm talking about winning overall. I can believe that someone's never won something via radio contest, but a lot say that they've never won ANYTHING in their whole lives, and that's just near impossible. There are many things to win, and not all have to be contests and stuff.

[FONT="Palatino Linotype"]Usually when I win its by pure dumb luck. Two of my friends and I won a contest in science a few years ago. We had to construct a catapult, and break down a leg castle. We got second place. I honestly can't think of much else I've won besides a few awards for school.[/FONT]

[size=1]

In the only martial arts tournament I've ever competed in, I won first place in sparring and forms. I won runner-up in a crowd's choice at a talent show for my solo dancing to a Chris Brown song.

Not much else. I'm more of an artist, so I don't compete against alot of people, I just try to improve upon myself. As far as martial arts go, I don't think a life of MMA training and competition is for me, I have too many other passions to dedicate my life to fighting. I just like to improve on my own skill and walk around with the knowledge that I'm a better fighter than the average man, and express myself through that ability.[/size]

[quote name='Jabberwocky'][FONT="Palatino Linotype"]We had to construct a catapult, and break down a leg castle. [/FONT][/QUOTE][font=secret font!][size=3]What did you have to break down? I feel like this must be a typo, but I can't figure out what you actually meant. Peg?

We made pasta bridges for high school physics class once. Mine had one of the best ratios (weight of bridge vs. weight held without collapsing), but no one was very impressed?the most exciting thing to watch is the bridges that can hold a lot, even if they weighed two pounds themselves. [/size][/font]

[quote name='Sara'][FONT=secret font!][SIZE=3]What did you have to break down? I feel like this must be a typo, but I can't figure out what you actually meant. Peg?[/SIZE][/FONT][/quote] I think "breaking down a leg castle" is what the kids are calling hip-hop dancing these days (which would make sense given the increasing consolidation of science fairs and urban dance competitions in today's schools).

[SIZE=1][COLOR=Silver]
[COLOR=White](That was a really bad joke and I apologize to all of you.)[/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE]

[quote name='Sara'][font=secret font!][size=3]What did you have to break down? I feel like this must be a typo, but I can't figure out what you actually meant. Peg? [/size][/font][/QUOTE]

[FONT="Palatino Linotype"]Wow, talk about a posting fail. I meant lego haha, I don't think my school wants us wrecking a fortress of prosthetic limbs. Plus I don't think a tiny wooden catapult would work well with legs.[/FONT]

• 2 weeks later...
I won every [I]Power Words[/I], a match the word with the definition or definition with the word competition in 7th grade. The teacher would have the words or definitions written on paper, and when she'd show it the first person to say the answer won. It started with one person and then went from person to person, and the winner went to the next person, and the person who lost sat down. I usually went through everybody without problem, but sometimes I lost to one or two people. It just depended on who got the most overall.

• 1 month later...
I still remember the day I won.

It was a frosty Tuesday evening, sundown, one cold October many moons ago. As I traversed the dark dusty path in front of me, the forest became a dark engulfing presence, its sinister manifestation looming in front of me.

I'd been travelling for a few days now and water was getting low. I drew my hip flask and drank the watery liquid substance inside. Glug Glug. Refreshing. Glug Glug Glug Glug. My spirits now lifted, I exhaled. Pffffff I said out loud. It was then that I entered the forest.

As I followed the trail of twigs and leaves into the forest I was surrounded, also by twigs and leaves. But not only twigs and leaves. Though that I did not yet knoweth. Apart from trees, birds and cats (which I’d seen). Not just any birds though, ravens. A dark omen to even the most amateur of adventurers. The sun twinkled briefly through the dark cold of the night.

As I continued through the forest, listening to bird song and thinking about caterpillars, one of my favourite animals, I thought I could hear cheerfull people singing in the distance. Silly me I thought to myself. Because it was then that I encountered the orks.

As is a common fact orks simply love to rifle through your pockets, looking for bags of gold which they can then steal, often then chopping you into pieces and throwing you into a cauldron pot as they count their swagger and talk about different ways they are going to cook you for dinner!! And there is very little you can do when orks have you tied up with ropes, believe you me.

...unless of course your presence also alerted a merry band of elves!!

Elves are sworn enemies of the orks and are all too happy to run in, swords slicing as they disable each and every ork in the area! Which they did! Hoorah!!! We all cheered at the dismembered orks!

It was then that I found we were not far from the magical elven homeland, which I know you all know and love, called Elfwood. Since those times I’ve always been friends with the elves.

[COLOR=black]And you won't be surprised to know that I DID in fact hear singing in the forest that cold Tuesday in November. It was merry wood elves having one of their many enchanted woodland feasts!![/COLOR]