OtakuBoards

NBA All-Star 2010

Humaru

Hey I dont know if there are many basketball fans out there but I've got to tell you...the NBA and basketball in general have really occupied a piece of my life. I always look forward to the NBA All-Star weekend. There are so many funny and exciting events from the Celebrity game to the Slam Dunk contest. This year's weekend was not as great as previous years but it had its moments. I guess this thread is for basketball lovers. Share your thoughts on the All-Star weekend and the NBA. I am surely up for discussionon any NBA topics.

Man, I really need to attend an All-Star game at least once in my life. I was at work while the All-Star game was on, so I taped it and am watching it right now ... there's barely any defense, but the offenses are clicking at a pretty good level, unlike in years past where they'd be sloppy as hell and throwing up OVER 9000 stupid alley oop attempts and retarded no look passes. Even though I know the Western Conference is going to lose (damn it all), this game will still be fun to watch.

And I'd definitely be up for NBA topics. :) Basketball needs more love here.

EDIT: That sequence in the second quarter where Deron Williams and Dwyane Wade trade dunks is awesome.

EDIT2: As a total Lakers homer, this would be the scariest thing ever for me ... but we need to do everything possible to get Kevin Durant and Deron Williams on the same team. Those two have instant chemistry on the court. It's ridiculous.

[size=1][color=darkred]I'd also like to go to an All-Star game one day. I probably could've went 2 years ago, or whenever it was in Arizona had I'd chose to stay.

In any case, I'm usually a supporter of the All-Star events, but this year for some reason I just didn't feel like tuning in at all. From what I saw with the highlights, I'm glad I decided not to watch it either because they certainly didn't do anything new, and the whole "short" dunkers just don't impress me anymore. (We short people gotta stck together :)) I've seen enough short dunkers around my neighborhood and in the NBA now and it's becoming tiring. (And besides, I'm not a fan of Nate Robinson)

I also missed the All-Star game which I would've like to have seen, but couldn't stay up to do it. I'm pretty certain everyone put on quite the show, and I think it would've been even tighter had Kobe and Chris Paul been healthy. (Heck probably would've came out on top) I only tune in to the all-star game for the "oohs and aahs" though. And I saw there were a few.[/size][/color]

[SIZE="2"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]I agree about this year's weekend wasn't as exciting as years past. I saw the dunk competition and felt like I could do most of those dunks myself. I love the comment made by Kenny "The Jet" Smith as Shannon Brown dunked his last dunk. He cracked me up when he said "how about DONT Let Shannon Brown dunk.com" To me, the dunk competition was a let down and that hurt the other events. I really liked the All-star game though. It had some great oohs and ahhs. Dwight Howard was really cool to watch as he went coast to coast and threw down a sick dunk. You can really see how guys go back to playground style as they play really well together. I wished CP3 and the other guys were healthy though...the game would have been cooler.

As for the dunk competition, get those super athletic guys who take off from God knows where. Next year I want to see guys like Dwight Howard, Josh Smith, Andre Iguodala, Rudy Gay, Lebron James, D-Wade, or even Derrick Rose dunk. Those guys can fly and are very creative at times.

Ive decided that I am going to the next two All-Star games: Los Angeles and Toronto. I plan on moving this summer to New Mexico so getting to LA would be easier then coming from South Carolina. And as for the Toronto one, I have family who would love to go to Canada. All I have to do is get to Baltimore.

I just got a crazy idea...maybe we should all get together and hit up the NBA All-Star weekend. It would be cool to meet more fellow Otakus and we could hang out doing something we all enjoy. Im just talking out loud though.[/FONT][/SIZE]