OtakuBoards

DSi or DSi XL

Gavin

Which do you recommend ?  

2 members have voted

1. 1. Which do you recommend ?

• DSi
    • DSi XL

[SIZE=1]Due to a slight accident my younger sister had at the weekend with my DS Lite I'm now in the market for a new Nintendo hand-held but am unfortunately having some problems in deciding whether or not to buy the new DSi XL over its smaller sibling, which is slightly cheaper.

The XL's increased size supposedly preventing it from being very portable makes absolutely no difference to me as I do all my gaming at home during my free-time or on the train/bus where I'll have a backpack with me to store it when I'm done. Apparently all the internal software is the same as well so there's no deciding factor there.

To be honest the only thing that concerns me about the DSi XL is its supposed pixel problem owing to the fact it has only the same screen resolution as the regular DSi. Some reviews I've read online say that it's not noticeable, others swear that unless you're extremely short-sighted, not wearing your glasses and holding the thing at arms length you can't help but notice.

Has any OBer played both or know someone who has played both who can pass on first hand information ?
[/SIZE]

[SIZE=1]Well first off thanks to everyone who replied, you were a big help. :p

All kidding aside, I eventually decided to go for the DSi XL after getting a bit of first hand playing time with it in my local GAME store the day before yesterday. The pixels being stretched out weren't that noticeable at all and the bigger screens really make games seem much more vivid and enjoyable. Added bonus is that people with bigger hands I can play for longer before they start to cramp up as was the case with the DS-Lite.

So yeah, if you're in my position in the future where you can't decide, I personally think the DSi XL is the better choice.
[/SIZE]

I think I read something about another type of DS in production but it could be a while. So I think original DSi would be better, even though DSi XL has a really big screen. If you want a bigger screen, then get the DSI XL. Having such a big screen near your face might affect your eyes unless you play DS with your arms almost straight. The only thing better about the DSI XL is the size, other than that its the exact same thing as the DSI.