OtakuBoards

Bounty Hunters: In the Galatic Begining

Draco

In the begining when man first staired into the sky and wondered if they where alone in the universe. They where not alone but forgotten by time. Mankind is a forgotten, powerfull, spacefaring species that since has gone through evolution but has long lost its knowledge and ability to grasp the concept of an unfamable space traveling black holes. In the oldest known records in existence tells of their might to create planets and solar system. The machine is rumured to be in the galatic center of the milky way but none who dare venture forth has ever been seen again. Many species have long forgotten their ancient history and most have forgotten the humans. So has time moved on from mans first look in the sky to the year 2031AD, events would never be the same again.

In the year 2031AD, mankind has just colonized Mars and The moon of Mars, Titan.
A civilian ship doubed the Fox picked a strange signal coming from Pluto. The Fox reported it to Earth Defence Force and a fleet of ships with several science, mining, and battleships set off towards Pluto. Humans have developed sub-warp drives but even though it will take at least 1 week before they reach Pluto. Comunication is done by linked com stations and arrays around all planets except Pluto and all planetary moons. Since com stations and arrays are so near connections are almost instant.

When the fleet arrived at Pluto, the small little ice and rock planet seen from passing probes and satalites is an actual space station. It appears that the super computer controlling the station had no power. Small radio-active orbs where scattered on the surface of the station. After removal and decontamination, the scientist came up with a theroy that the orbs where the stations power source but ejectied them to the surface but has ran out of them since only harmless radio-active resadue is left in some type of holding cells.

Since then, the EDF has devoted any and all avalible resources to getting that station running. In 2099, the impossible became a reality.The stations computer went online. When the comp came online it scanned the humans in the station and annalyzed their DNA, Genos, and compared skeletion line ups. Then it shut downed for a few seconds then a voice came from the station.

"Welcome, I see my power supply has been depleted and I have been offline for almost 70 of your years." The computer said in an almost erry human male voice.

"You can speak and understand us?" The lead scientist said with amazment.

"Why, of course. Your kind designed me and built me to understand any language as long has their is a physical specimen present in station." It said again.

"Our kind? That would be impossible. We couldn't even construct a station of this size. The cost alone would be staguring and not to mention the power supply. Our current technologie isn't capable of this." The lead scientist said back.

"Im detecting ships in orbit above the outer layer of the stations. Counting 19, including several unarmed craft on the surface and a large concentration of armed craft in orbit. Are you kind under attack?" The computer asked.

"No, we are not. Its standard proceedure. Even though Earth, our home planet, has united has one, their are groups of humans who don't like colonizing and terraforming colonized moons and some planets. So they formed station born orginizations against the EDF. Its been a few decades since they tried any military actions." The lead scientist said looking at the computer.

"I see. Can I access your ships computers to gather more data?" The comp said.

"You can but you have to tell us what you want with that data." The Lead scientist said.

"In order for me to assist your kind to take its first steps into this galaxy, your ships and your technology would have to jump even more." The computer said.

"Of course, Captain open a link between all ships and the computer." The lead scientist said.

Since then humans have ventured into the galaxy. The year is 3002AD and humanity has been asorbed into the galactic society. Mankind has quickly since become a force to be messed with. With the help of Pluto, man knid is inching ever closer towards its forgotten power. For now, humans play has mercs, gaurdians, bounty hunters, etc.

On an outer planet, a group of bounty hunters from small planets in the Delta sector board a Oblisk class transport ship bound towards the Galactic Bounty Hunter's Headquater planet to become licensed Bounty Hunters.

The planet was a buz with tourist and other bounty hunter canadates. You could see the transport from here. Well you could see the space elevator leading to the transport. Obliesk are huge space craft and is unable to enter any planetary atmosphere.

Has Tyrant began to walk towards the elevator but was interecepted by licensed bounty hunters from his home planet in an ally.

"Your coming back with us Tyrant." One of them said.

"Why should I go with you?" Tyrant said not even looking at them.

"Our employer whats to talk to you him self. He put a huge bounty on your head if your alive. So just come with us." He said.

"Didn't I put him behind bars before I left?" Tyrant asked still not looking at them.

"Hehehehe, he got out a day after you left. But since you've did such a goody goody job of destroying his orginization, He doesnt have any conections in any part of the police, military, nor the government. He wants to kill you personally." The runt of the group said acting like a smart ass.

"Hey shut your mouth. He wasnt suppose to know that!" The group leader said smacking the runt.

"So he wants me alive only to kill me later on. Seems too much trouble for you. Pay your respects to my sword beacuse its the last thing you'll see before you die." Tryant said pulling his sword out.

"Hey, wait Tyrant. This isnt worth it. You know what, I'll tell him we didn't find you." He said.

"Go know and tell him that if he sends more bounty hunters after me, they'll be returned in body bags." Tyrant said finally looking at them.

They left running and he continued towards the space elevator. Along the way he heard rummers from some of the other bounty hunters about the transport.

"You heard what happened?" One said to the other.

Tyrant stopped and continued to listen too them.

"No, what happened?" the younger one said.

"I heard that the last group that went to get their license didn't come out a group." The older one said.

"Really? Is that true?" The younger one said.

"I don't know. Its just a rummer. Even so I'm not going. I think an engineer for the military is more safe than bounty hunting." The older one said looking at the military brochure.

"I agree, but I'll go with being a mechanic for a space port in space." The younger one said.

They both left the space elevator and headed back into town. Hopefully that rummer isn't true. He arrived at the entrance to the elevator and went through the processing to board the ship.

Their we go! Post how you wound up from where ever you came from to the space elevator to the Obliesk. I have a surpise instore for everyone. Also sign ups are always open. Remember, you don't have to be a bounty hunter. Their are other things you can be. Smugler, transporters, etc. Have fun and post!

[COLOR=Indigo][FONT=Courier New]When Hala finally woke up, she saw Lievine standing there with a breakfast tray.

"Hey Hala, feel like eating?"

Hala didn't answer for a little bit, which made Lievine worry that she might have been mad. Especially when she took a look at her arm. She couldn't even see the stitches, and it never felt like it was ever reattached. She looked back to Lievine and said

"Thanks" as she smiled.

Lievine smiled back, as she took the breakfast tray and started eating. As she ate, Lievine explained the process of reattaching her arm and went ahead and told her his idea for modifying her DBB. She accepted his plan quicker than he thought she would, and started to get to work.

By the time Hala was done taking another shower and came downstairs, Lievine was already finished with the modifications.

"How long did you have this planned. Lievine? That was fast." She asked.

"Just today, after I saw your battle."

Hala was a little surprised, but not much, as she put on her DBB. It was her normal purple one. She shouldn't be too surprised, since this is Lievine after all.

"You work fast." She smiled.

"Thanks, but we need to get going. We're almost late for the transport."

Hala nodded and got into the car. The space elevator that lead to the ship was pretty close to Lievine's lab, so they were still able to make it in time. In fact, they were early since they were still boarding passengers. Hala got out of the car and waved goodbye to Lievine. She wished he could come with her, but she knew he would find a way to check up on her.

So this was it then, she was going to become a licensed bounty hunter. She boarded the ship, eager to start her new adventure.
[/FONT][/COLOR] Edited by Lilt

[font="Comic Sans MS"][color="#000080"]Tallie followed the crowd as they filed off the ship and into the building, she followed them til she was able to slip away and into an elevator. Not really sure where it went, and not really caring as she caught sight of white lab coats through the glass of the elevator.
"Move faster damnit..."
Hitting the button repeatedly she watched as it closed and made it's way up, she wasn't all to concerened about where it went til it stopped, as the door opened she looked around and blinked as a man pulled her by the arm and into an office.
"Seems we have another one sir!"
"Ah, good good, get her ready and put her with a team. By the looks of her I'm sure she'll do fine. Get her on the ship as well."
She blinked more as she was given a different shirt and thrust into a room where she could only guess she would be meeting this 'team'. Shrugging she sat down and waited, it was better than being chased by the labbies, it was to long after that another man came to her and took her to a ship.
"Get comfortable, you'll be here a while."
Rolling her eyes she sat back and noticed that many of the people on this ship looked a little less than normal and she almost choked when she realized what had happened. She had been thrust onto the ship containing all the want to be bounty hunters. She blinked a few times and took a deep breath to calm herself. It was fine, she could make a good bounty hunter, and it would give her the luxery of moving about all the time so the the white coats could never get a good thumb on her. She relaxed more, this could work to her advantage.[/color].[/font]

Okay I know it's short and I know it's not really what your looking for, I'm kinda loseing my mind right now with everything going on at home. Once we get going really well, I'm sure I'll be fine. Please forgive me once again. Edited by Knuckles' Girl

• 4 weeks later...
Their must have been at least a hundred wana be hunters standing in line for the ship. Most look young, probally hoping for an easy life and easy money.
They have no idea what is instored for them. From where he is standing it looks like their taking all weapons and storing them in containers.
Appreantly all weapons arn't allowed on a person while the ship is in transport. When he came up to the ship they put a large container infront of him

"Please put any and all weapons in the container." The person said looking at the clip board.

"Alrighty but can I ask why?" Tyrant asked while putting his weapons in the large container.

"Argh, do you know how many people asked me that?" he said with such anger.

"I'm sorry if I upseted you." Tyrant said putting his sword in the container.

"No, no, I'm sorry. Didn't mean to snap at you. Weapons are not allowed because we only have a limited number of bounty licenses availible
and we don't want unnecessary deaths while en route." He said handing Tyrant a ticket.

"So the rummur I heard is true then?" Tyrant said putting the ticket in his pocket.

"Rummer? Oh, no, their not true. but I do need you to sign this and this one." He said quickly taking the second papper away.

"What was the pappers for?" He said looking at the container being loaded onto the ship.

"The first one was an agreement on the transport and weapon containers. The second one is nothing major. Move along,
I have others to process." He waved the next person in line.

While walking towards the ship he was bringing up what he caught of the second papper.

"I, ________________________, agree to place a bounty on me during the 3 out of 7 days aboard this ship.
I also agree to put life insurence incase of death in the sum of 1 million credits. Any and all weapons I have stored in containers
will be returned to me, ___________________, after transport and if I survive the 3 days. If I do not survive then I agrree that my
weapons will be sold to others who did survive and/or sold in markets on the BHQ."

"Hmm, looks like its going to get interesting soon." Tyrant said wwhile walking into the ship.

(OoC: Ok I've added a little twist in the plot. By the way, WHERE IS EVERYBODY? If you are not in the thread but wish to join please
post in the audtion tab and PM me please.)