OtakuBoards

The A-Team (2010)

TheShinje

I'll be seeing this movie on [b]Saturday[/b], although the idea of an A-Team without Mr. T is still a [b]foreign concept[/b]. Either way, the action sequences look sufficently outlandish and improbable [spoiler] mid-air tank battles, anyone?[/spoiler]

Quinton "Rampage" Jackson will fill in [b]Mr. T's [/b]role as B A Baracus, and from the few seconds I saw of him in the movie trailer, looks like he pulls off the character as well as can be expected. Liam Neeson was a good choice to play Hannibal. Not too sure about the others, didn't see too much of them in the trailer I saw.

[b]I love it when a plan comes together[/b], especially when that involves a night out watching a classic [b]TV[/b] show transferred to the big screen with some justice done to the original. A few minutes is too little material to say, I'll come back to this tomorrow night. :) Edited by Shinje

[font="Comic Sans MS"]Just saw it, and it was awesome.

The movie thrives on the insanely cool and impossible action scenes the show was known for, and it pulls them off effortlessly. Liam Neeson was dead-on as Hannibal, as can be expected of him. Rampage was an alright BA. Mr. T pioneered the role and it was basically written for him, but Rampage probably got as close as anyone else can. Face was alright. I never really watched much of the show and I wasn't paying much attention to Face when I did, but Bradley Cooper played him as a pretty fun character and I enjoyed it.

The best part of the movie is definitely Murdock, though. Sharlto Copley was amazing. He had the best lines in the entire movie and Murdock's insanity just complimented the crazy awesome high-octane feel of the movie perfectly. He was probably the most memorable character in the movie.

All in all, the movie is crazy fun and I recommend it.[/font]

[font="Times New Roman"][size="3"][color="#9932cc"]I saw the preview when I FINALLY watched Ironman 2 last Wednesday night and felt my soul dying within me.

That being said the only A team I've ever seen was the one parody on Robot Chicken. My parents wouldn't let me watch the show for some inexplicable reason when I was growing up. Probably so I wouldn't turn into a psycho gun toting killer. Joke's on them.

Either way I will probably watch it for sheer suspension of disbelief and entertainment value. I expect movies to make me gag with suppressed hatred and laugh in that helpless 'oh god what a kneeslapper' kind of way. ...replace knee though with balls. The balls of whichever guy makes me watch it with him.
[/color][/size][/font]