OtakuBoards

The Most Unwanted Music

Claire

I think this has been floating around on the internet for a while. I discovered it a couple years ago and fell in love with it immediately.

"An online poll conducted in the â??90s set Vitaly Komar, Alex Melamid and David Soldier on a quest to create the most annoying song ever. After gathering data about peopleâ??s least favorite music and lyrical subjects, they did the unthinkable: they combined them into a single monstrosity, specifically engineered to sound unpleasant to the maximum percentage of listeners."

The song is 25 minutes of disjointed, random, bizarre musical segments featuring a rapping soprano, a gaggle of children, tubas, harmonicas, banjos, organs, accordions, and themes such as western life, Walmart, holidays, and politics. I think it's the best thing ever made. The first time I listened all the way through I was almost crying from laughter.

Give it a listen: http://www.wired.com/listening_post/2008/04/a-scientific-at/

These people also made a "Most Wanted Song," but it's nowhere near as awesome. It's like the titles got switched during exporting or something. Edited by Tonks

This song immediately gained entry into my "so bad, it's good" pile, as opposed to my "so awful, it's awful" pile (leave that to the likes of Lady Gaga.) The song is hilarious from start to finish. In hindsight I probably wouldn't have burned it to disc and listened to in on my car stereo. All good, no accidents. XD Who knew that a rapping soprano, banjos, bagpipes and holiday themes could mush together [i]so well[/i].

Well worth a listen, if only to hear what a rapping soprano sounds like. (Mickey Mouse from the streets, yo.)

[quote name='Shinje' date='15 June 2010 - 06:22 AM' timestamp='1276597369' post='695328']as opposed to my "so awful, it's awful" pile (leave that to the likes of everyone who isn't Lady Gaga.)[/quote]

Fixed! :)

[quote name='Tonks' date='16 June 2010 - 07:07 AM' timestamp='1276625259' post='695344']
Fixed! :)
[/quote]

You call [i]that[/i] fixed? We're on a slippery slope towards musical armageddon my friend, and Lady Gaga was the point of no return. Prepare for the apocalypse! ;)

[quote name='Shinje' date='15 June 2010 - 05:42 PM' timestamp='1276638160' post='695351']
You call [i]that[/i] fixed? We're on a slippery slope towards musical armageddon my friend, and Lady Gaga was the point of no return. Prepare for the apocalypse! ;)
[/quote]

I think you're actually thinking of the Black Eyed Peas.

But anyway. I couldn't even listen to a minute of "The Most Wanted Music." It's so awful. AWFUL.