OtakuBoards

Doing Time. In Azeroth.

Raiha

What Faction?  

7 members have voted

1. 1. Which Faction Do You Prefer To Play?

• FOR THE HORDE!
    • For the light!
    • All Hail Arthas!
    • Mmmmmmmmrllllgrrr!

I searched but didn't find a World of Warcraft exclusive topic. And yes, this topic IS coming from me. ME! Your devoted Final Fantasy whore! Oh well. Try and stop me.

Anyway this is a thread to find other fellow OB players. I dream of an OB raid worthy of Leroy Jenkins in which someone....*glare* gets us all slaughtered and we call them Leroy here for the rest of their lives. We can also discuss Cataclysm and any other significant events that you deem interesting. Like...what on earth would we call an all OB guild? Do you play PVP or PVE? Ever joined in Trade chat and felt bad for doing it? Killed n00bs over and over in a starting area? (and if you did, BAD BAD BAD DOG!)

Oh right, the fourth option on the poll is Murloc.

I play both Alliance and Horde in equal amounts. Draenei because if I'm going to watch someone's butt wiggling across my screen for 900 hours it's going to be a nice one. Troll because some of my rl friends are in a guild on Kilrogg and carry me through high level dungeons in a litter made out of spears and magic carpets. I've created, in order, Fire Mage (first roll, huge mistake), Enhancement Shaman with a dual spec for Healing (could be worse), and Beast Mastery Hunter (less of a mistake). I'm probably going to try making a Priest of some sort when Cataclysm comes because I'm determined to get better at healing. I play most of the time on Earthen Ring and Kilrogg, but my main (that I never touch) is on Argent Dawn.

I have never joined in trade chat for anything but trading. And I've never done PVP because I dislike living in fear and dying a lot. As a fire mage I initially died more times than I could count. Good thing the game counts for me as if I needed reminding.

Oh yes, have you ever met someone in real life you met through WOW? Met here is synonymous with date.

I used to play, so much. Unfortunately, that was on my ex boyfriends account, and I no longer go over there. =/

I play both, too.

And if anyone out there plays WoW, you shouldn't have to explain the last option of the poll.

[quote name='Stephanie' date='24 June 2010 - 12:43 PM' timestamp='1277408582' post='695933']And if anyone out there plays WoW, you shouldn't have to explain the last option of the poll.
[/quote]

[font="Times New Roman"][size="3"][color="#9932cc"]I'm just making sure! You never know! The light dawns slowly but surely for some, but for others there's no dawn at all.[/color][/size][/font]

[color="#696969"][font="Tahoma"]Hello my name is Stephen and I'm a WoWaholic. ([i]Hello Stephen[/i]) :P

I've been playing WoW on and off for about 5 years but I only started playing end-game content over the past year and a half with the release of WotlK. I started as Alliance as that's what all my friends and their co-workers were but at this point I've got four 80s, 2 Horde and 2 Alliance both on [b]Skullcrusher[/b] (US). I think the best name for an OB guild would be <Enter the Net> xD

I often find myself bickering and talking in trade chat quite a bit but that's only when I'm sitting in the city waiting for a queue to pop or just standing around figuring out what to do next.

I think I've played every class quite a fair bit but my mains are a Protection Warrior, Holy Priest, Feral Tank Druid and a Marskman Hunter. Most of them have dual spec but it's such a pain to gather gear for a second spec and carry it around with you all the time so only my Priest (Holy/Disc) and Hunter (PvE/PvP spec) really make use of it.

You play on Earthern Ring! That was the first server I ever played on in WoW a month after the games release. Apparently it's the only solid RP realm left I'd love to make a toon there and RP again. Oh and I've totally met a bunch of people IRL that I initially met on WoW but it's not as creepy as it seems.

When I came back to WoW for WotlK my friend was already raiding with a bunch of guys from his work and a bunch of their friends and so my brother, my other friend and I all joined that guild and eventually made it into the end game raid group. After about half a year of raiding later some guys walk into the coffee shop I work at. I had a raid that night at 10:00 which was when I got off work so at about quarter to 10 these guys get up and I overhear one of them say something like "Well we gotta go raid." At first I didn't think anything of it but it was bugging me so when I got off work and got on WoW I asked on Ventrilo (voice chat) if anyone had gone to Tim Hortons (Canadian coffee shop, keep up) just before the raid and it [i]was[/i] some of them. lol So I see them a few times a week now at work randomly, haha.[/font][/color] Edited by White

• 4 weeks later...
[color="#006400"][font="Arial"]I used to play, but have been trying to wean myself from it. So much that I probably shouldn't even be posting in this topic in fear of a relapse, lol.

I started playing a few years ago (Thanksgiving/Christmas before the release of Burning Crusade) when a friend introduced me to it (was playing a Ragnarok Online private server before that). My first and main character for the bulk of my time in WoW was my Undead Warlock. I chose Warlock mainly because I thought the [url=http://www.wow-europe.com/shared/wow-com/images/basics/armorsets/tier3raid/warlock/undead-male.jpg]T3 armor[/url] looked awesome (though, the T7 WotLK recolors were much better, particularly the higher end set), and Undead looked best in it. I don't even know why I liked it so much, aside from the fact it made me laugh because it looked like a Tusken Raider in Easter garb.

I was primarily a PvE'r, and like most people I was absolutely terrible at understanding wtf I'm supposed to be doing to maximize my performance. It wasn't until like a year later after I had rerolled a Tauren Druid and healed for a little while that I came across the resources that went in depth about how to play your classes the right way. After that, I went back to my Warlock, geared him up to the best of my knowledge and ability with the limited resources I had back then and applied for one of the better guilds on our server. I got accepted and was able to help them get Black Temple on farm, Amani Warbear (best mount ever) runs through Zul'aman, and then progress through Sunwell when it was released.

Come WotLK I stayed with the same guild all the way through the Tier 7 content, but then had to stop playing for a while. When I came back I actually started up on a different server with a character transfer of my Rogue alt, and ended up joining a guild there through the bulk of Ulduar and Trial of the Crusader. Then again, I had to stop playing for a while, and when I came back I dusted off my Warlock, my guild took me back as a raider and cleared most of Icecrown before I had to stop playing again.

On my account I have all but a Paladin (Level 71) and a Mage (Level 50-something) at level 80 across two servers. >_>[/font][/color]

[font="Times New Roman"][size="3"][color="#9932cc"]Oh good, there are others besides us three. I was worried. Of course soon I'll be weaned off wow for two months at a whack, so I'm not too worried about 'addiction' and whatnot. Besides, I can give it up for ...a few days anyway. *twitch*

So I retooled my mage to be frost/arcane and suddenly it's doing more damage than I've ever seen it do. I'm a little worried that I spent all this time not doing much damage only to spend a cool 25g just to see my toon become god. What does this say?
[/color][/size][/font]

[quote name='Raiha' date='23 July 2010 - 06:17 PM' timestamp='1279927027' post='697717']
[font="Times New Roman"][size="3"][color="#9932cc"]So I retooled my mage to be frost/arcane and suddenly it's doing more damage than I've ever seen it do. I'm a little worried that I spent all this time not doing much damage only to spend a cool 25g just to see my toon become god. What does this say?
[/color][/size][/font]
[/quote]
[color="#006400"][font="Arial"]You mean you respec'd to primarily Frost? Or primarily Arcane? PvE (my guess since you're talking about damage output)?

Frost doesn't make sense given your claims, as it's been the weakest Mage PvE spec since forever (though from videos I've watched of Frost PvE, those Deep Freeze hits are nice and big and fun to look at). Arcane makes sense because it's ridiculously easy (though Frost PvE is probably easier still) and can put out a lot of damage in a short amount of time. So, if you're talking about PvE, and are noticing higher DPS as Frost, chances are you were previously doing something horribly wrong. Or maybe it's just a gear issue, but it isn't hard to really have a nice setup these days.

If you're talking about PvP, then it sort of makes sense. Frost still doesn't do massive damage, but has more survivability and other BS to leave you open to freecast more often.[/font][/color]

[font="Times New Roman"][size="3"][color="#9932cc"]Primarily frost, with some arcane mixed in, just for giggles.

And, it's on an RP server, so pretty much the only thing I do is run dungeons for fun. And I don't think it's nearly as weak as it should be. I was fire for the longest time and got really tired of doing almost no damage at all. Either I was doing something wrong with the talents or ...something. But I went from doing less damage than a petless hunter to the most.

Blizzard [the spell] is my new best friend, even if it's a mana guzzler.
[/color][/size][/font]

[quote name='Raiha' date='23 July 2010 - 07:53 PM' timestamp='1279932823' post='697724']
[font="Times New Roman"][size="3"][color="#9932cc"]Primarily frost, with some arcane mixed in, just for giggles.

And, it's on an RP server, so pretty much the only thing I do is run dungeons for fun. And I don't think it's nearly as weak as it should be. I was fire for the longest time and got really tired of doing almost no damage at all. Either I was doing something wrong with the talents or ...something. But I went from doing less damage than a petless hunter to the most.

[/color][/size][/font]
[/quote]
[color="#006400"][font="Arial"]Ah, I see. Heroics can definitely skew results since (assuming people have decent gear) nothing lives long enough to matter, which can definitely hurt a Fire Mage considering its longer cast times and dependence on RNG (Hot Streak).

If you look at Web Logs of people in end-game content and gear Frost is like ~30-40% behind Fire and Arcane, though. I can only imagine people were using it for the lulz, or because the raid didn't have any other form of replenishment at the time.

And yeah, Blizzard is some nice AoE, especially if you even have just one point in Improved Blizzard (then combined with the benefits of Shatter and Fingers of Frost).[/font][/color] Edited by PiroMunkie

• 1 month later...
[quote name='Raiha' date='23 July 2010 - 08:53 PM' timestamp='1279932823' post='697724']

[/color][/size][/font]
[/quote]

You got me back into playing this game again and I hate it. Also, don't let all those other members on your server get to you. If you like frost, than stick with frost. It may be hard to do real end game raids like ICC, so when you get enough gold to "Dual Spec." than you don't have to worry about having your main talent spec be frost. Eventually though you will have to have a fire/arcane spec. to do other raids you might enjoy.