OtakuBoards

A Densha Otoko Type Forum

mryekcim

I just woke up. The movies are uneventful. I got there a little late but when i got there she was talking to old her friends. She was quiet the whole time and she stayed by my side. I think she was shy about having my friends there. She did not talk much but i got to sit next to her. I did not know what to do. She was unresponsive. I think she is getting tired of me. I know there is a doughnut meeting after she picks up her schedule but i am back where i started and i think a little further. I will not give up. Love is war. I just need to get her back to her cheerful state.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

well... talking during a movie is kinda rude... cant blame her for that.
whenever i am in a situation where the other person feels awkward or out of place, i find that the key is to forcefully inject 5them into conversation, by asking their opinion often, or asking them questions. if you keep'em talking they wont feel so out of place. (the movies arnt the best place for this, but there are other things you could have done... (though at this point if she didn't think you were trying to be more than friends i would be shocked, so the indifference could be more like disinterest.)

persistence is okay for now... no one throws in the towel this early in the game. give it your best shot. Edited by CaNz

[quote name='mryekcim' date='01 August 2010 - 01:21 AM' timestamp='1280618480' post='698375']
I just woke up. The movies are uneventful. I got there a little late but when i got there she was talking to old her friends. She was quiet the whole time and she stayed by my side. I think she was shy about having my friends there. She did not talk much but i got to sit next to her. I did not know what to do. She was unresponsive. I think she is getting tired of me. I know there is a doughnut meeting after she picks up her schedule but i am back where i started and i think a little further. I will not give up. Love is war. I just need to get her back to her cheerful state.
[/quote]

[font="Garamond"]Ok, you're probably looking too much into this. There are many reasons someone may be "unresponsive." Maybe she was simply tired? You can't really tell unless you try to look for some indicators. Were her arms or legs crossed away from you? When you spoke to her, did she lean into you or away? How was the tonality of her voice? Was she giving simple answers to your questions?

Women are complex little creatures, but they all have indicators of interest or lack thereof.[/font]

[quote name='mryekcim' date='31 July 2010 - 07:21 PM' timestamp='1280618480' post='698375']
[/quote]
You started sounding a little creepy toward the end of the post. If it turns out that she [i]is[/i] getting tired of your efforts to woo her, then stop. You'll only upset her otherwise. Not giving up is not always good.

[quote name='AvalonAngel' date='01 August 2010 - 09:50 AM' timestamp='1280670621' post='698441']
[font="Garamond"]Ok, you're probably looking too much into this. There are many reasons someone may be "unresponsive." Maybe she was simply tired? You can't really tell unless you try to look for some indicators. Were her arms or legs crossed away from you? When you spoke to her, did she lean into you or away? How was the tonality of her voice? Was she giving simple answers to your questions?

Women are complex little creatures, but they all have indicators of interest or lack thereof.[/font]
[/quote]
I'm impressed that you've picked up on things like that! You may be the most perceptive of my brothers! I've done a lot of the negative responses to try and get a boy to leave me alone, but they never really seem to get it...

[quote name='chibi-master' date='02 August 2010 - 01:19 AM' timestamp='1280729992' post='698530']
You started sounding a little creepy toward the end of the post.[/quote]
[color="#A0522D"][font="Arial"]He's [i]just now[/i] sounding creepy to you?[/font][/color]

well... sounding creepy and being creepy are two different things... and if he was creepy she wouldnt go to the movies with a bunch of his friends. that situation is Always gonna be awkward.
not that i am completely without fear. i sincerly hope that he possesses enough common sense to know if it is over. like if she says "leave me alone" or the more subtle "Get away from me!" those are pretty good tells.

anyways, i dont think he deserves the creepy title yet. right now i just think he has a big crush.

[quote name='PiroMunkie' date='02 August 2010 - 02:51 AM' timestamp='1280731866' post='698533']
[color="#A0522D"][font="Arial"]He's [i]just now[/i] sounding creepy to you?[/font][/color]
[/quote]

i loled irl

also NGL, having your friends there could have been intimidating. I wouldn't have really liked it tbh

[color="#A0522D"][font="Arial"]Or if you want to stop obsessing just say "Hey I dig you, do you dig me?" It's a super-advanced tactic not many people know about, except maybe Heaven's Cloud because he basically said it on the second page.

[quote name='Heaven's Cloud' date='19 July 2010 - 10:32 PM' timestamp='1279596754' post='697477']
[color=indigo]But afterward [size="3"][b]be a man[/b][/size] and ask her on a real date, the worst that could happen is that she will say no.[/color]
[/quote]
Yes, this game you're playing with her can be over [i]that[/i] easily. Win or lose, at least you'll know. Also this:[/font][/color]

[quote name='Heaven's Cloud' date='20 July 2010 - 08:32 AM' timestamp='1279632766' post='697507']
[color=indigo]You know what sucks though? Not getting a girl because you waited to long to ask her out and she ended up seeing someone else. That sucks far worse.[/color]
[/quote]
[color="#A0522D"][font="Arial"]This is one I'm all too familiar with, and some people on this forum probably know what I'm talking about.[/font][/color] Edited by PiroMunkie

[quote name='PiroMunkie' date='02 August 2010 - 06:34 AM' timestamp='1280745244' post='698545']
[color="#A0522D"][font="Arial"]
Yes, this game you're playing with her can be over [i]that[/i] easily. Win or lose, at least you'll know. Also this:[/font][/color][/quote]

[color=indigo]I think it is over. At the most this kid has one more shot. He is far too self-conscious and over involved in his own feelings to realize that he already accomplished what he was out to do, spending time with the girl he likes. On top of that he has failed to realize that the object of his affection may be nervous as well. I think this kid thinks love and relationships are like something out of a television show, where the girl realizes how special a guy his and then leaps into his arms. [/color]

[quote name='PiroMunkie' date='02 August 2010 - 06:34 AM' timestamp='1280745244' post='698545']
[color="#A0522D"][font="Arial"]This is one I'm all too familiar with, and some people on this forum probably know what I'm talking about.[/font][/color]
[/quote]

[color=indigo]I can't remember calculus, which I took a year of in high school and a semester of in college, but I remember this. Sigh...[/color]

geez Hc... last time you seemed so full of encouragement and confident, and now your telling him to give it up already?

everyone has a bad date once and a while... and they are kids, so romance does feel like a television show. i remember how dramatic my first relationships were.
i think we are all looking to much into it.

[quote name='CaNz' date='02 August 2010 - 11:02 AM' timestamp='1280764931' post='698554']geez Hc... last time you seemed so full of en[b]courage[/b]ment and [b]confident[/b], and now your telling him to give it up already?[/quote]
[color="#A0522D"][font="Arial"]OP is lacking in both. Shouldn't need a group of complete strangers to basically hold your hand through the process of trying to court a girl with whom you're infatuated. HC also didn't say anything about giving up, lol, just that this guy is basically working against himself.[/font][/color]

[quote name='CaNz' date='02 August 2010 - 11:02 AM' timestamp='1280764931' post='698554']i think mryekcim is looking to much into it.[/quote]
[color="#A0522D"][font="Arial"]Fixed.[/font][/color]

[quote name='chibi-master' date='02 August 2010 - 08:19 AM' timestamp='1280729992' post='698530']
You started sounding a little creepy toward the end of the post. If it turns out that she [i]is[/i] getting tired of your efforts to woo her, then stop. You'll only upset her otherwise. Not giving up is not always good.

I'm impressed that you've picked up on things like that! You may be the most perceptive of my brothers! I've done a lot of the negative responses to try and get a boy to leave me alone, but they never really seem to get it...
[/quote]

[font=Garamond]Thankee. I am pretty good at talking to people, so I can usually figure where to go in a conversation based upon aspects like that. The unspoken things aren't really that subtle. You can almost feel it in the air.

But yeah, PiroMunkie pretty much has it nailed. Either make your move or forget it, dude. There's only so much I can tell you. You just have to put yourself out there.[/font]

[quote name='PiroMunkie' date='02 August 2010 - 02:51 AM' timestamp='1280731866' post='698533']
[/quote]
Well played, my friend, well played! ;)

[quote name='Heaven's Cloud' date='02 August 2010 - 09:25 AM' timestamp='1280755505' post='698550']
[color=indigo]I think it is over. At the most this kid has one more shot. He is far too self-conscious and over involved in his own feelings to realize that he already accomplished what he was out to do, spending time with the girl he likes. On top of that he has failed to realize that the object of his affection may be nervous as well. I think this kid thinks love and relationships are like something out of a television show, where the girl realizes how special a guy his and then leaps into his arms. [/color]
[/quote]
THIS.

[quote name='PiroMunkie' date='02 August 2010 - 01:40 PM' timestamp='1280770825' post='698562']
[color="#A0522D"][font="Arial"]Shouldn't need a group of complete strangers to basically hold your hand through the process of trying to court a girl with whom you're infatuated.[/font][/color][/quote]
When he started the thread, he had just finished watching Densha Otoko. Seeing as what Densha Otoko is about, he probably got it into his head that he could win a girl's heart if he had a group of complete strangers to help him.

JUST ASK HER OUT!!! If you keep dancing around trying to evade it for the sake of your friendship, then you'll only be hurt worse. After reading your posts I'm actually wondering: Just how close a friendship do you have? Have you known her for years, or are you just in some of the same classes and she remembers your name? Look, if it turns out that she doesn't want to date you, that will hurt. Rejection always hurts, and nothing you do is going to make it hurt any less. If it turns out she does want to date you, then you'll have wasted time testing the waters and she'll probably have a boyfriend by then. Decide what you want to do and do it. But don't just sit there thinking, "Love is war." Last time I checked, wars aren't fought by staying on the sidelines. Edited by chibi-master

[quote name='chibi-master' date='02 August 2010 - 02:47 PM' timestamp='1280778425' post='698572']When he started the thread, he had just finished watching Densha Otoko. Seeing as what Densha Otoko is about, he probably got it into his head that he could win a girl's heart if he had a group of complete strangers to help him.[/quote]

[color="#9932CC"][font="Microsoft Sans Serif"]Ah, so I'm not the only one that picked up on that.

But in all seriousness, kiddo...trying to emulate a fictional television show, regardless of how grounded it may be in reality, to pursue love is generally a [i]really bad idea[/i]. I can see it's not really done you a lick of good, and has started to wear out the rest of OB's users trying to give legitimate advice. Man up and ask her out. Dragging it out will only make it hurt worse in the long run.[/font][/color] Edited by Sangome

[quote name='Sangome' date='03 August 2010 - 04:47 AM' timestamp='1280782061' post='698582']
[color="#9932CC"][font="Microsoft Sans Serif"]But in all seriousness, kiddo...trying to emulate a fictional television show, regardless of how grounded it may be in reality, to pursue love is generally a [i]really bad idea[/i].[/font][/color][/quote]
[COLOR=#354253]Come now. Given infinite possibilities, [url="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Infinite_monkey_theorem"]it will work[/url].

But yeah, ditto with Sangome: [b]man up[/b], OP. Just say it.

And please don't bring any of her or your friends around. Not only is that corny, but once her friends start teasing her about you, your chances will go kaput. And stop being protective. You're not her father.[/COLOR]

[quote name='CaNz' date='02 August 2010 - 12:02 PM' timestamp='1280764931' post='698554']
geez Hc... last time you seemed so full of encouragement and confident, and now your telling him to give it up already?
[/quote]

[color=indigo]Honestly, maybe. Not because I don't think the kid has a chance with this girl, he does. She wouldn't have accepted his invitation (maybe I am going out on a limb assuming that he asked her, though he does kind of imply that he did) to see the movie if she didn't like something about him.

No, I am leaning on the "give up" line because 1) he seems to have zero self confidence and until he fixes that he'll continually sabotage himself and 2) I'm kind of hoping he gets a little pissed at what I'm writing and it lights a fire under his tush. Seriously, I wouldn't be happier than if this guy read something I wrote and said to himself "screw him, I'll prove that I have a spine, I'm gonna go ask this girl out tomorrow and by this weekend I'll be french-kissing my way to Paris".[/color]

interesting approach... makes sense though. i guess i ruined the plan then, but if he had better try soon or not at all. if you're always hanging around a girl but not dating her, you are creepy... if she doesn't find it creepy then you are a friend (everyone already knows how this label can kill love) so the pressure is on him now.

honestly by now, she already knows you like her... so what would be the point of hiding it any longer? Edited by CaNz

Im sorry if the last message came off as condescending and creepy. I Went to get doughnuts with her after our school pics. I had a good conversation with her. I can not speak on her behalf. She was really talkative and she left in around noon. To answer the age question we are near the end of high school. She has no interest in going to prom but she dose want to go to the anime convention which happens the same day. so far its back to a friendly conversation School starts soon. sadly i have no classes with her nor do i have any classes in common.

now would be a good time to think about if you're fine with just being friends or if you need it to be more than that. you have two real options form what i have gathered. you can stay in contact and develop your friendship, and maybe something might happen. or if you csant just settle for friends put yourself out. tell her your feelings and you might get a shot, though if you dont, your probably not going to talk much after that since your schedules are probably not going to mesh well. basicly choose the latter if you cant settle for just friends.

as always good luck and i hope this helps.

[quote name='mryekcim' date='11 August 2010 - 01:07 AM' timestamp='1281506878' post='699233']To answer the age question we are near the end of high school.[/quote]
[color="#A0522D"][font="Arial"]If by 'near the end of high school' you are saying that you're seniors, then I think you have more to worry about than just whether or not she likes you.[/font][/color]

[quote name='PiroMunkie' date='11 August 2010 - 10:09 AM' timestamp='1281535754' post='699243']
[color="#A0522D"][font="Arial"]If by 'near the end of high school' you are saying that you're seniors, then I think you have more to worry about than just whether or not she likes you.[/font][/color]
[/quote]
Exactly. Chances are you won't be going to the same college, so this may be the last you see of her for a while. Even if you end up dating her, how long will that last? Until the end of high school? I think it's just not very important compared to other things.

so you guys are saying you wouldnt date anyone senior year because they may not go to your college? psssh!
there isn anything wrong with dating, and if it turns out that it never gets that serious.... so what? just dont regret not trying later on. Everyone told you from the start it was going to be difficult, dating usually is. and 95% of the time its pointless... but you do it anyways.

[quote name='CaNz' date='11 August 2010 - 05:25 PM' timestamp='1281565533' post='699261']
so you guys are saying you wouldnt date anyone senior year because they may not go to your college? psssh!
there isn anything wrong with dating, and if it turns out that it never gets that serious.... so what? just dont regret not trying later on. Everyone told you from the start it was going to be difficult, dating usually is. and 95% of the time its pointless... but you do it anyways.
[/quote]
[color="#006400"][font="Arial"]I'm just saying it helps to already be established as "high school sweethearts" this late in the game [spoiler](you just lost it)[/spoiler] of romance during and in high school.

Stranger things have happened for sure. At the very least he might get a good fling out of it.[/font][/color] Edited by PiroMunkie