OtakuBoards

Training areas in FF7

Buckeldee

Just wondering where people level (or levelled) up in FF7. i always did this in Mideel forest but am at 73, 70, 68 and its slower than the british postal system. Can i get out of northern cave and use it to train? If so how? Also, any good emerald weapon tips. I want to get most of the stuff in the game as first time i only just fluked one against safer sephiroth (game version).

get KOTR and have mimic :) and 100 megalixers before you fight emerald

anyways, just fly the highwind over the crater and land in it, you will climb down a rope ladder, then you just run around down there for a while.. (watch out for the stone creature things.. they cast lv5or3.. (i cant remember) death. its better just to run) when you get down the first downward spiral of walking ou will enter a door then you can explore a bit (good place to get enemy skills), when you get to a part where all the characters are standing next to like a mako pool or maybe its a white hole or somthing(?) stop.. dont go any farther..

be sure to have yuffie :) so you can morph tonberrys into ribbons! :D and have your characters triple materia growth weapons on.. they may not be the best but thats ok.. just cast some summons or somthing ^_^

edit- oh yeah! when you get the save crystal.. dont use it until you get to the part where you clime down some then theres a fork between two ways to go.. use it in the middle there, save then you can continue either way :)

the crashed gelnika battle plane that you access via the submarine is a good place to level up, also the forest around mideel is ok, even better if you fight 4 of the jumping grasshopper things, the crater is another good place, watch out for the dragon and the stone gargoyles, and if a magician casts roulette you had better hope it does not land on you

[b]OK...:
Wutai area-while my materia was stolen
Cosmo Canyon basement place-while I was stuck for about 20 hours
Gelnika-pretty hard place, Hades in here
ShinRa mansion-early in the game
Ice Fieldplace-where you meet the purple lady with Alexander after the snowboard part
Graveyard Train-when I got stuck, early in game
North Crater-levelled about 30 levels alone in here with Barret, Red, and about 20 with Cloud, and 60 with Yuffie

That's about it, but the 2 rock places are the plane-under-water, and the crater[/b];)

The crater is the best place to level up, if you go near the bottom, where lots of dead weeds and stuff are (the screen where you go underwater), you'll find magic pots and movers (among others) there. Magic pots are invincible until u give them an elixir, then u can kill them for 1000ap/8000exp each, movers give 2400ap, and I forget how much exp, but it's a lot. If you don't want to go way down there, mideel forest is good because one trine will usually wipe out all the enemies (great for building up limit breaks too).

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Buckeldee [/i]
[B]If you mean the orange bouncy balls its 0exp. [/B][/QUOTE]

yeah, your right, they give you a lot of ap but they do not give you any exp.

as was previously said, the crater and gelnika plane are the best places to level up....

[COLOR=deeppink]The Gelnika and Madeel are nothing compared to the Magic Pot room. 6,000 exp. from one Magoc Pot? Sweet! and it only costs a few elixers, which can be easily stolen from the Master Tonberry and the horse that runs around with Christophers.[/COLOR]