OtakuBoards

Crossover

Magus

Marvel vs Capcom 3, Tatsunoko vs Capcom, Street Fighter vs Tekken and Tekken vs Street Fighters, there seems to be a lot of crossing over these days and I'm just wondering if you had a choice of what games to mash together what would they be? It don't have to be geared towards the fighting genre either.

To get things rolling I've always wanted to see Devil May Cry and Ninja Gaiden collaboration. To see 2 of the biggest bad###es in the hack n slash genre come together in a game would be a dream come true for me. I've even searched youtube just to make sure there wasn't any fan-made videos of the 2 going at it.

And then this one is aimed more specifically towards the rpg companies in general. I'd like to see western and eastern companies come together one time to make a game. To be more specific I'd like to see Bioware get together with one of the JRPG companies because I'd like to see Bioware's style of gameplay along with development along with some of the JRPG characters. I've never played Mass Effect (nor any other western rpgs for that matter) but I do like how it looks in terms of gameplay. I've played quite a few JRPG's and to be quite frank, I'm beginning to grow tired of them. The long dungeons with just finding items and the high encounters just wears me out quite a bit.

Your turn.

Edit: Crap, that title was supposed to be "Crossovers" Edited by Beretta

Personally I've always wanted to see a Capcom mashup of Resident Evil and Devil May Cry.  I pretty much want to control Dante in an RE setting and finally be able to demolish those blasted zombies without fear of running out of ammo.  Or having to run in fear for that matter.

I'd also like to see the old school fighers I grew up with in a crossover.  Street Fighter II versus Darkstalkers would be awesome.  None of the new characters or play controls.  Just two of the fighting games that put Capcom on the map being stuffed into the same disk.

[quote name='The Tentacle' date='08 August 2010 - 05:50 PM' timestamp='1281304214' post='699112']I'd also like to see the old school fighers I grew up with in a crossover.  Street Fighter II versus Darkstalkers would be awesome.  None of the new characters or play controls.  Just two of the fighting games that put Capcom on the map being stuffed into the same disk.
[/quote]
I haven't played the game but wouldn't that game be Capcom Fighting Evolution?

I've actually had some ideas of crossover games. The first one I thought of was a crossover between Mortal Kombat and Killer Instinct. I've been pushing this for a long time, even on here from time to time. I just think these games go hand in hand...both are soo similar.

Another one I would like to see is Guilty Gear vs Street Fighter. If they made this game SF:A3 style, then it would be awesome.

[quote name='Beretta' date='09 August 2010 - 02:00 AM' timestamp='1281333638' post='699132']I haven't played the game but wouldn't that game be Capcom Fighting Evolution?[/quote]No, that one had a lot of material from SF Alpha and there were only a few of the Darkstalker characters included. What I'm talking about would be a game that featured all of the SF2 and DS characters along with their respective BGM and arena plus their original move sets.  Nothing new, just the oldschool fighters I grew up with finally going head-to-head in the same game.