OtakuBoards

GTA3 Banned?!

Red

[B]I have heard a lot about how GTA3 has been banned in Australia recently and the Australian government won't let it be released until DMA has taken ALL the violence out of it, although I live in England, that must really take it[/B]

........I believe that it is impossible to remove all of the violence from that game. Maybe they just mean they will remove the blood, bad language and suggestive themes. Even with that, the whole essence of the game would be removed. I feel that the gritty atmosphere is a large part of the fun in Grand Theft Auto 3
That being said, I have heard that manufacturing of the game has ceased in America because of the content. I'm just wondring how a Grand Theft Auto 4, which is planned, will ever be released at this rate.

I'm pretty sure that they either stopped manufacturing the game or they might have to in the very near future. I remember hearing this on the local news not too long ago. Just because they stopped making it, doesn't mean that there's not a fairly generous supply left. Anyone's free to correct me on this issue, but the news says what the news says.......

I don't see why the game was banned, it hasn't been banned in the UK and the UK is one of the strictest places for a games content, usually the press and everything would be down a games developers throat, but it is not the case with gta3, hardly anyone has even said anything about it, which is good news really, showing that the UK is finally beginning to understand gaming....

It's on the verge to being banned..... Although some video stores, or most video stores, that I've been to recently are still selling them.....

I really don't think that if they do decide to take the blood and gore and all that stuff out, they won't take it all out. Some games just need to have SOME of that stuff, to make 'em good..... In my opinion- especially GTA3..... :)

Yeah, I think it's the best one out the series aswell. I know someone who wants to ban it, he says that it has double the voilence that any other gams on any system has ever had. I don't believe this, but you can see that he really wants it gone..... Although I don't like some of the stuff in it, like the sexual acts you can get involved in in the game, I still like the game, and I don't think it should be banned..... :)

[size=3][color=red]
One of my favorite game in the world. At my school my teacher let me and my six friends download it on her computers and she doesn't care. Hey and there isn't anything cut from it. Also have it on PS2. [/size][/color]

[COLOR=darkblue]I think if they did take out most of the violence, it'd turn out to be another "Driver" game...it's a violent game yeah...the guy at the store even asked for my ID when I bought it...even though I do look 17+...I dunno what the big deal is though...there have been worse games that slip by.[/COLOR]

I don't think the game will be good if its edited. I feel that the violence makes GTA3 what it is. Anyways, I think there doing ID checks everywhere but they really don't enforce them. When my friend bought it, he needed a parent because he's under 17, but he told them that his mom and dad knew he was gonna buy the game and he got away with that without any real check. I think they should enforce the checks a little more.

I've heard all this at least once, and it seems to me, from all that I've heard, that it is going to be heavily edited. The prostitutes will be taken out, and the language softened. The worst thing, though, is that they may take out the blood when someone is shot with a high power weapon, they won't gush blood as they do. If the game is banned, the ONLY good I can see that comes from it is that it will be REALLY COOL to own a banned game from one of the greatest and violent nations in the world (when I say violent, I mean they enjoy the violent games).