OtakuBoards

Metal Gear Solid 3DS

Magus

[media]http://www.gametrailers.com/video/nc-10-metal-gear/705396[/media]

Holy Toledo, this game looks better than most of the games I've seen on the Wii (graphic standpoint). Anyway, if that was actual gameplay footage (I don't know, Kojima is kind of a mastermind that likes to joke around lol) then I am definately onboard for the 3DS. Although, I'm hearing that the 3DS price point is being rumored to be around the $300 price point. For a portable console, that's far too pricy for me. (That's a frickin PS3) But back to gameplay. Being on the 3DS it just might be an entirely different experience altogether in terms of gameplay. If I see you can side roll or play dead..... You might get a squee out of me.

[font="Palatino Linotype"]Snake Eater is my favourite MGS game by far. I love almost everything about it - even the long, drawn-out story is pretty interesting.

Also I think this game is a perfect fit for 3DS. Just imagine the moment where you have to sneak through the forest and fight the sniper - so much of the game is based around observation and careful/quiet exploration...I just think 3D will work so beautifully there. Just think about all the grass and the trees; there's huge visual depth and with 3D, that could be incredibly stunning.

In fact, thinking about the final boss fight in 3D almost gives me shivers. I think this game has huge potential to make a big impact on 3DS. And it's a really great excuse to play Snake Eater again, for me.

I haven't read up much on this so far - are they changing anything (other than the 3D) for the 3DS version? I'd love to see some gameplay additions and such.[/font]

Tell me about it. I didn't even think about some of the battles until you mentioned them. Especially The End, that will be a fight to see on the 3DS. Like I said, if I see Snake doing anything remotely similar to what I saw in MGS4, you just might get a squee out of me.