OtakuBoards

Xbox Live for the Family!

CaNz

[url="http://www.xbox.com/en-US/Live/JoinLive/FamilyPackFAQ"]Xbox Family Plan[/url] has been made in the hopes of a surge in "family activity" promoted by the Kinetic and its follow up releases.

no matter your views on the Kinetic, this deal is something to look into.
unlike the ps3 and wii... online play is kinda expensive for us 360 holders, so whenever i see a deal like this one i wanna take it.

the details are:
for a year
[indent]100$ per year for 4 Gold xbox live accounts.

1 account will be in charge of the purchase and billing

that account will be considered the "moderator" and has the ability to distribute points, use family filter settings, and monitor what the other accounts are playing and for how long.

these accounts [b]must all be on the same console when purchased[/b]

they [b]can be migrated[/b] after purchase to any console in the same country.

for every month left unused by an account 5 dollars will be deducted from the price.

[/indent]the cheapest I have seen the price for gold was 30$ per year for special offers. this gives you 25$ per year as long as you can trust the person with the moderators account. I have more than four friends with the problem of not wanting to spend 60 bucks for 12 months... I spent almost that much last time cause my account expired while there was no special offers. this makes up for it by far. I can cash in the months I have yet to use, and get a far lower price for the next year.

anyone else happy about saving money?

[font="Palatino Linotype"]I think this makes sense primarily due to the moderation functions. The savings are a bonus.

Generally I think Microsoft has had the right idea when it comes to online services. Sony is catching up, but I think Microsoft probably have the most comprehensive and refined system so far.

And Nintendo, well...let's not mention them. Between clunky Friend Codes and a lack of central focus, the network gaming aspects of Wii is lacking in comparison. Nintendo could achieve a lot simply by having a universal "Nintendo I.D.", across all Nintendo platforms (Wii, 3DS, etc...). That, at least, would be a great beginning. But I could write a whole article on that.[/font]