OtakuBoards

Finally, hints of a UK release date

King Penn

Nintendo recently announced that they will be showing off a bunch of games and hardware on feb11, and they have hinted at a definate UK release date for europe, most excellant, UK'ers are saying, but hold your horses right there, compadre, that means that we are at least 6 MONTHS away from it being released here! meaning moe was right when he told me about it being released at least in august, why does nintendo hate the UK so damn much?! not only do we get things here later than everyone else, but nintendo sell their stuff here for so damn much! heck, N64 games cost £10-20 more than a ps2 game! now thats just plain dumb, even old n64 games are being sold for about £30, so whats going to happen when the GC is released? £100 for a game? at the moment, thats what its looking like!

grrrrrrr... damn nintendo.. :angry2: :cussing:
I personally don't see why we have to be so behind with everything. OK.... I can understand that japan comes first with most games cos, well, theyre produced in japan.. it just makes sense... and before they can release it in the US they have to translate it.. I assume that's how it works.... but what doesnt make sense is why theres such a damn big gap between US release and UK release... where's the problem there...

Well over here CDs are more cheaper than cartridges, so that's why Nintendo games cost more..... :) But I never knew that Nintendo never liked the UK? I always thought they did, and besides, you UK people have got some stuff related to Nintendo before Australia has. ;)

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Squashed Snail [/i]
[B]But I never knew that Nintendo never liked the UK? I always thought they did, and besides, you UK people have got some stuff related to Nintendo before Australia has. ;) [/B][/QUOTE]

erm, pokemon stadium 2 was released in the UK 7 months after america....

perfect dark took 6 months after america

n64 was prices 25% more expensive than the US

conkers bad fur day came out 5 months after america

still think nintendo like us? :)

oh, and most of the time, australia gets their games before the uk....

CTW and a number of other publications were briefed early on Nintendo's official plans for Europe. The GameCube will launch on May 3, 2002 for a price of 150 UK pounds ($211 US) and 249 Euros ($215). The price is certainly very attractive for the European market, as consoles are historically overpriced versus the American version of the hardware. In This case the difference is as little as $15 under the current market conditions. Additionally, the PS2 currently retails for 199 UK pounds ($270 US). So, GameCube still has a considerable price advantage.
Nintendo intends to ship a total of one million units across the continent, putting to rest the rumors that the company was short on hardware. Alongside the hardware, 20 titles will be available on day one including hits such as Luigi's Mansion, Wave Race: Blue Storm, Star Wars Rogue Squadron II: Rogue Leader, Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3, FIFA: Road to World Cup and Sonic Adventure 2 Battle. This sets the stage for the largest ever software launch, outdoing even Microsoft's March launch of Xbox, and for a much cheaper price at that.

According to CTW, Dave Gosen Managing Director, Sales and Markting of Nintendo Europe, "GameCube will not be targeted at kids, it will not be targeted at teens and it will not be targeting adults. GameCube will appeal to anyone who enjoys being entertained by interactive gaming."

Nintendo further promises that nearly 50 titles will be available for the GameCube by this summer. Finally the European launch is coming together as promised. And wait there's more!

IGNcube has recieved word via sources that the PAL GameCube will see a minor change in the way of hardware. If you live in Europe you're probably all to familiar with the slighty flickering and letterboxed PAL software. In a push for better quality, Nintendo is recommending widespread full-screen 50 Hz PAL and, even better, 60 Hz NTSC support for those of you who are privileged enough to own a compatible TV. You'll have the option of hooking up via RGB SCART for an even better picture. Good news? We'd say so. Since progressive scan TVs are pretty much non-existent in Europe, you'll be able to activate the 60 Hz mode by holding down the B-button during boot-up, which is normally reserved for 480p.
In particular, sources indicated that Star Wars Rogue Squadron II: Rogue Leader will support the aforementioned 60 Hz mode. We contacted the Factor 5 and the company confirmed that the 60 Hz option was for real and that Rogue Leader will indeed be supporting it as well as full-screen PAL.

And you thought Nintendo didn't love Europe. Shame on you.

Whew that was a lot of typing........wink wink

[B]Actually Conkers Bad Fur Day is made by an English company (Rare) so I see no reason why it should have been released 5 months after the US. But you are right Defcon5 the TV compatibility issues are a problem, but not a 9-month delay problem[/B]