OtakuBoards

Favorite Leaders!!!

Hinata

[size=1]Ghengis Khan was an incredible leader -- he conquered almost all of Asia (including all of China) and then conquered most of the Middle East.

Other than that, I think people here have mentioned a lot of great leaders.

The other leader I would mention would be John Howard, the current Prime Minister of Australia.

He's currently just started his third term in office -- which is a huge political achievement in this country, as usually, most voters get tired of having the same Government in power for too long, no matter how good their management is.

I'm also glad that he had the balls to introduce the GST (Goods & Services Tax). So many people here hate it, but they don't really understand it. Our old tax system was so screwed up...and it was incredibly unfair. The new system is making our economy richer and allowing our country to grow in a way that it never could before.

So yeah, those are the two which I'd mention.[/size]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by sweetreyes [/i]
[B]

Well although leaders do have people to protect them from war..The people CHOOSE TO FIGHT. They don't have to fight for their country or leader if they don't want to (in some countries at least), but I'm not a political expert and also these people who do fight in wars are not just fighting for the leaders protection but for the protection of their nation, state family friends whoever they wish to protect!!!!! That's the main purpose of the Armed forces...not for the leaders protection( that is except for those who are the personal body guards of the leader!!!!!!!

SORRY TO GET OFF SUBJECT!!!! [/B][/QUOTE]

I do believe that the Elite DBZ is from england like me.. and I dunno about you, but in WWII, we had a little thing called conscription, whereby you can either fight for your country, or get sent to prison. I think that may be what the elite DBZ was referring to. Damn. I'm off subject too...
my favourite leaders?
I dont really have any, though i think that Tony Blair ain't really doin a bad job over here considering all the crap the tories left him with.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Deus_Ex_Machina [/i]
[B]

I do believe that the Elite DBZ is from england like me.. and I dunno about you, but in WWII, we had a little thing called conscription, whereby you can either fight for your country, or get sent to prison. I think that may be what the elite DBZ was referring to. Damn. I'm off subject too...
my favourite leaders?
I dont really have any, though i think that Tony Blair ain't really doin a bad job over here considering all the crap the tories left him with. [/B][/QUOTE]

[COLOR=blue] Well sorry to get off subject but we had the same thing in the US in the past called the Draft where as if your Social Security # was picked you could either fight or go to jail....but luckily..although still present isn't used due to the amount of ppl in the Armed Forces. So I understand where he's coming from but I was refering to the politics now used today!!![/COLOR]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by sweetreyes [/i]
[B]

[COLOR=blue] Well sorry to get off subject but we had the same thing in the US in the past called the Draft where as if your Social Security # was picked you could either fight or go to jail....but luckily..although still present isn't used due to the amount of ppl in the Armed Forces. So I understand where he's coming from but I was refering to the politics now used today!!![/COLOR] [/B][/QUOTE]

OH! I see, I see. The main reason I posted that about conscription, was cos Elite DBZ referred to WWII, so I assumed that was what you were on about. I semi-take back my comment (as in, the comment still stands but its not against your earlier comment any more :) )

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by *GaLxY-GiRl* [/i]
[B]

[i]since when can an inanimate object of the Christian (and other) faith be a leader?[/i]
[/QUOTE]

Inanimate? Christans don't worship statues. Jesus was a real human who died.

But on topic

George Dubbya(W) Bush has risen to the occasion and proved to be a good leader.