OtakuBoards

Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception

Magus

"Quoted from IGN"

[quote]Fortune hunter Nathan Drake is catapulted headlong into an adventure that takes him on a daring trek into the heart of the Arabian Desert in a search for the fabled "Atlantis of the Sands." This journey pits him and his mentor Victor Sullivan against the occult treachery of a shadowy clandestine organization and its ruthless leader. When the terrible secrets of this lost city are unearthed, Drake's quest descends into a desperate bid for survival that strains the limits of his endurance and forces him to confront his deepest fears.[/quote]

[IMG]http://ps3media.ign.com/ps3/image/article/113/1139326/uncharted-3-drakes-deception-unveiled-20101209063955905.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://ps3media.ign.com/ps3/image/article/113/1139408/uncharted-3-drakes-deception-20101209114241028.jpg[/IMG]

I've yet to play the 1st two games (Hope to eventually). Naughty Dog did an amazing job when it came to the graphics. The snow and water was pretty to look at in Among Thieves, so I'm really anticipating this game along with seeing Naughty Dog's desert. I want to see how real they'll make that.

Discuss. Edited by Magus

[font="Palatino Linotype"]I've got Uncharted 2 and I must say, it's an absolutely stunning game. Incredibly beautiful graphics, [i]brilliant[/i] voice acting and fantastic characters. Combine that with fun puzzle solving and excellent game control...and you have a near-perfect game....

...[i]but[/i], there's just one problem. In Uncharted 2 at least, you pretty much spend your entire time in the jungle. Yes, the locales vary somewhat and yes, the gameplay is also quite varied. But honestly, after hours and hours of jungle...you do want to see something else! It's just too repetitive in terms of environment.

My hope is that they shake things up a bit with Uncharted 3.

For the record, as much as I love Uncharted 2, I haven't finished it yet. And that is principally because of the repetitive nature of the environments. I think another factor that hurts the game a little bit is that the gunplay, while it's well-executed, is also quite repetitive. At least if they vary that a little more, the game will be even better.[/font]

*Comes out from lurking*

How far into the game are you, James?

I would say part 1 (Drakeâ??s Fortune) had a much more connected world filled with jungle areas. Meanwhile, part 2 (Among Thieves) probably had maybe a couple of chapters that were jungle themed and then it really opened up by around chapter 5 and onwards. Uncharted 2 really diversified the levels compared to the first game.

I thought the first game was okay. The gunplay did get pretty repetitive towards the end. Among Thieves on the other hand was amazing. The controls felt better, the guns sounded better, the levels were much more varied, and the new stealth mechanics to take out enemies really helped in changing things up.

Iâ??m pretty stoked for Uncharted 3. I don't really know what they can do that they haven't already done in Among Thieves, but I canâ??t wait to see what Naughty Dog has in store for us.