OtakuBoards

A Few Questions

KaizerG1

Just to make it easier to keep track of the votes.  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Should the RKO members be in the picture?

• Yes!
    • No...
  2. 2. What font should "Merry Christmas" be in?

• Gothic
    • Classic
  3. 3. Do you like Dietrich?

• Yeah he's cool
    • Not really, no

Hello, Otaku community!

I had a few questions regarding a wallpaper I am working on for Christmas, and I wanted the input of the community just to see what you guys thought. It is a Trinity Blood-themed wallpaper wishing everyone a Merry Christmas.

1) What are the best sizes for the wallpaper itself, in terms of resolution? I am already making one that is 1440x900, since that is a pretty common size and is also my own, but what are other common sizes it should fit on (16:9, 16:10, 4:3, etc.)?

2) (For people who are fans/have followed of the series) I am going to fit most of the main characters from the series onto the picture (like a group photo per se), but I am debating whether or not I should include the RKO/Contra Mundi characters in it (Dietrich, Isaak, and Cain). I know that they are the "bad guys" of the series, but I also want to convey that "Merry Christmas, [b][i]everyone[/i][/b]!" atmosphere in the picture also. I am just not sure what I should do in that regard.

3) Should I write the whole "Merry Christmas" deal in the Gothic-style font that Trinity Blood is commonly associated with, or should I stick to the classic, calligraphic cursive instead?

Thank you guys for all of your input. I don't know how much feedback I am going to get for this, but anything I do will be greatly appreciated. Thanks everyone!

And oh yeah, Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah, and happy whatever else you may be celebrating around this time of year!

--KaizerG1

Hello and welcome to the OB.  I'm a fan of Trinity Blood so I think I'm qualified to answer that half of your questions.  Sadly my artistic expressions are limited to crude stick figures so the issue of resolution should be left up to someone more artistically inclined.

Personally I'd like to see the entire cast in the wallpaper.  I'm somewhat partial to villains since they're just as important to a good story as the hero.  

As far as the font goes I'd stick with the traditional cursive font but maybe add some sort of secondary baner elsewhere in the gothic style.  Something like "Merry Christmas" in red cursive at the top and then some witty follow-up like "And a Bloody New Year" at the bottom in black gothic.  (Okay, that wasn't witty but you get the idea).

Anyway, I hope that helps.

Thank you very much for your input, Tentacle. I made a very rough outline of the picture itself in Photoshop, and I have attached it (subject to changes, MAJOR changes). Just so you (and anyone else who would like to see) can get a better idea of what I am shooting for. In the end it will be a two-row group picture, the major characters front and center, the major-yet-less-frequent characters front and sides, and the minor characters in the back. I noticed that the back row is rather vacant and only occupied by a few people, so the RKO members should fit in there nicely. In the finished product, the characters will be slightly more detailed than in the outline XD

The resolution of the draft is pretty big, but I figured if it was bigger it would be easier to scale down to other resolutions as opposed to scaling up.
Also, if you look at the picture, are there any major characters, besides the villains, I am leaving out (excluding ones from the manga, since I have not read the manga [yet :biggrin:])? If there are, let me know and I will put them in.

And that last bit about the "Bloody new year" is a pretty clever touch. I may have to incorporate something clever like that at the very end.

Thanks for your input, and I hope you will like it when it is done (hopefully before christmas)!

--KaizerG1

[attachment=14948:Christmas outline.jpg]