OtakuBoards

An Interesting Game

CaNz

Okay, so I heard about this game, where people get the chance to win money based on calling a coin flip. They have a 50% chance of guessing write if they choose to do it, however they are also given the chance of taking a portion of the money bet without going for the toss.

An example would be, they have a chance of winning 50$ if they call the toss right... or they can just take 20$ this is going against probability to select the 20$ option, however some may choose in order to walk away with something.
The more money there is often makes this number of people increase.
A second example would be someone offering a chance to win 5,000$ if they call it right or let them walk away with 1,500{:content:}nbsp; might see more people take that offer, even though now you are taking 30% of the money when you still have a 50% chance of winning.

I thought this was interesting enough, so I figure we can just have a "If I was in that position, what would I do" type thing...
So my questions are:

[center][u]WALK AWAY|TAKE IT ALL![/u]
0.60$|1.00$
20$|50$
200$|500$
2,000$|5,000$
1,500$|5,000$
1,000$|5,000$
10,000$ |100,000$

[left]for me:
[/left]
[u]WALK AWAY|TAKE IT ALL![/u]
0.60$|[u][b]1.00$[/b][/u]
20$|[u][b]50$[/b][/u]
200$|[u][b]500$[/b][/u]
[u][b]2,000$[/b][/u]|5,000$
[u][b]1,500$|[/b][/u]5,000$
1,000$|[u][b]5,000$[/b][/u]
[u][b]10,000$ [/b][/u]|100,000$
[/center] Edited by CaNz

Walk away with the 0.60. Come back, walk away with the 0.60. Come back, walk away....

...Until I'm a millionaire!

In all truth I hate chance games. I only take a chance on an intelligent guess. I'm more of a 'Who Wants to be a Millionaire' person - I can get all the 32k plus questions right most of the time, some through a well-informed guess.

If the game came down to pure luck though I'd lose if both sides were heads and I picked heads. I'm not lucky. In my 60 lottery games I've never matched a SINGLE number. Edited by Vicky

Well the game isn't so much about luck... its mostly about risk.
The odds are always 50% so you may feel unlucky and pick keeping the money. The interesting part is where people draw the line. what amount of money would you risk winning nothing for.