OtakuBoards

Your Anime Alter-Ego

The Tentacle

Are you or someone you know the spitting image of a character you've seen in anime or manga?  Do you feel an emotional connection with one of them because they remind you so much of yourself?  Or perhaps there is one particular character you wish you could be like.  Whatever the case may be this is the thread to discuss such things.

I've always thought I looked sort of like a slightly pudgier version of [b]Gendo Ikari[/b].  I have the same hairstyle and color and I also wear classes.  I've even considered shaving off my moustache and growing my sideburns down to connect to my goatee but I don't think I could pull it off quite as well as he does.  I have been known to steeple my hands while looking sullen at times though.

I can't really think of anyone to compare myself to emotionally but I think I might like to walk a few miles in [b]Tenchi Masaki's[/b] shoes.  Having random women fawn all over me for no apparent reason would probably get annoying after a while though.  I find a lot of appeal in living the life of a carefree traveler like [b]Kino[/b] from Kino No Tabi though so that might be the way to go.

• 4 months later...
Cosplay is a newfound passion of mine and I've always had plans for costumes, but what got me into it is how similar I look to the Bleach character Kyoraku Shunsui. I figured the outfit would be difficult to make myself so I put it off until I was finally able to convince my best friend to cosplay who is the spitting image of Urahara Kisuke. The two of us cosplayed with my girlfriend at the time who was dressed as a pendulum version of captain Yoruichi with the short hair. We all were really good fits for our characters and we had a great time at Otakon.

^ /heh on the topic of cosplay I might could make a good shinobu from no more heros ;p personaliy wise I could take a good crack at shou from Yu-Gi-Oh GX ;p on an emotional stand point I could probably take a crack at riku in KH2. I'm not surprised that I don't relate to many female characters but I've seen some 'a myself in tear from tales of the abyss from playing it recently :D

• 1 year later...
My friends tell me I look like Ino from Naruto, but she is one of my least favorite characters from that because of the bad snotty blonde stereotype she fits so well in the beginning. Now that I've gotten to reading Shippuden, during the big war, I feel a lot more of a connection. I'm not a flower-shop popular-boy-loving blonde, but I like to think that in a ninja war, I would be completely devoted to protecting and healing my teammates, and strong and brave like she is now. I hope she doesn't revert to the old Ino afterwards, because I'm finally starting to like her.