OtakuBoards

Everything Turned Out Better Than Expected

chibi-master

Okay, so, when I got home today, I found out that I had left my house key inside my jacket yesterday. That jacket was inside the house. The extra house key was not put back in its usual place because my sister neglected to replace it when she had used it about two months ago. I now had no way into the house.

My first plan involved an enormous, rotting, unstable ladder that I would use to get to my second floor window where I would kick in the screen and open the window since I knew it was slightly open from airing out overnight. I had to dig the ladder out from under snow. It was covered with a layer of ice and extremely heavy, but I carried it over to the patch of roof next to my window. I was about to go all Curious George on that thing when I got a call from my mom asking why I wasn't answering the house phone. I explained my situation and she told me my plan was a darn good way to snap my neck in two like a pretzel stick. She left work and I was to wait inside my car since I had the key to that. Except it was cold inside the truck. And I was bored. I instead decided to set up camp on the deck of our small pool. Now it was time to see if my ancestors' blood carried on their talent for survival to me. SPOILER ALERT: Hell yeah, it does.

I crawled under the pool deck and got myself a chair. Teenage girls love chairs. I couldn't sit on the deck, as it was covered in five inches of snow, and teenage girls don't love sitting in five inches of snow. I hung my backpack and gym bag on the side of the deck and took out my First Aid Kit. I put down a thick circle of rocks on the deck and put a large, dry piece of wood on the rocks. I then took out a cotton ball and some Vaseline. I covered the cotton ball in the Vaseline, washed my hands, and made a spark with a couple of dry rocks. Ladies, gentlemen, and the inbetween, I FREAKING MADE FIRE. I felt like a TRUE homo sapien. All of these prehistoric urges surged through me. I expressed these urges through a celebratory interpretive dance around my fire. I sat down in my chair with a stick, skewered some Cheeze-Its, and roasted them. Roasted Cheeze-Its are hideous and disgusting. Would not try again.

By the hour mark of waiting, I had already divided up the land around my house between myself, the robins, the chipmunks, and the squirrels. Of course, the robins kept challenging my power by crossing on to my side, so I was in a constant state of war until I found out about their aversion to my singing "100 Bottles of Beer on the Wall." I got to 39 bottles before my mom drove in. I had to put out my fire and wipe the war-paint (mud) off of my face. She wasn't even mad about having to come home a little early. Altogether, everything went better than expected.

So, what kind of situation did YOU think would be really unpleasant, stupid, silly, boring, etc. and yet it turned out to be much better than you had originally thought?

[quote name='chibi-master' timestamp='1301024345' post='705906']So, what kind of situation did YOU think would be really unpleasant, stupid, silly, boring, etc. and yet it turned out to be much better than you had originally thought?[/quote]

[color="#9932CC"][font="Microsoft Sans Serif"]Watching My Little Pony.

For one that won't make people want to gut me, last year, our own Missy kept heavily promoting The Speed Gamers's week-long Mario marathon for charity. I thought it was neat, but didn't really feel like watching, 'cause I was like "Eh, I have a hard time getting into watching other people play games". Then near the end of the week, I finally decided to watch...and had an absolute blast. I fell in love with them immediately. The fact that they do all that for charity, sometimes even driving themselves to physical pain [like eating super spicy food] is nothing short of amazing.

I know I have other similar situations, but I can't seem to think of them at the moment...[/font][/color] Edited by Sangome

What a story!
I have also made fire before... so I know that feeling!

As far as my story, just recently I was forced to go hang out at my friends girlfriends house for about three hours. She had to my knowledge nothing of interest, and she usurps my friends attention, so I wasn't expecting to have a good time (to say the least)

but when I got there I was greeted by two of the friendliest kitties ever! one was a Tabi and the other was black, and they were freaking adorable. We had some cat toys such as a lazer pointer and a mini fishing-poll with a feathered thing on an elastic wire, so that you can make it go back and forth in a rapid motion. I played with those cats for about an hour and a half, then just sat on the couch and petted them for the rest of the time while watching Netflix instant movies.