OtakuBoards

Game of Thrones

Gavin

[center][img]http://i935.photobucket.com/albums/ad197/ZeitgeistGlee/GameOfThrones.png[/img][/center]

[quote][font="Arial"][size="2"]Based on author George R. R. Martin's best-selling A Song of Ice and Fire, Game of Thrones is an American medieval fantasy television series created for HBO by David Benioff and D. B. Weiss. Set in the Seven Kingdoms of Westeros, where "summers span decades and winters can last a lifetime," Game of Thrones chronicles the violent dynastic struggles among the kingdom's seven noble families for control of the Iron Throne; as the series opens, additional threats from the snow and ice covered region north of Westeros and from the eastern continent across a narrow sea are simultaneously beginning to rise.[/size][/font][/quote]

[font="Tahoma"][size="2"]So, summary out of the way, has anyone else been following the series ? I kind of fell into it by accident myself, I'd seen the ads for it but hadn't really made up my mind to watch it, then happened to flick over to Sky when it was starting and decided I'd give it a go. Three episodes in and I'm definitely hooked, it's quite different from the usual fantasy affair with a lot more depth and grit to it, favourite scenes being any with Tyrion Lannister for his epicness. [/size][/font] Edited by Gavin

I read the first novel many years ago, because a few friends heartily recommended it to me. I don't have an inherent aversion to gritty fantasy, and I'm all for morally ambiguous (or outright cruel and conniving) characters, but there was one character I actually liked in the entire cast. (The young girl--I've forgotten her name.) I found every other major player reprehensible. Maybe it'd be more fun to watch them sabotage and manipulate each other in TV series form. I dunno, did anyone else have that kind of reaction?