OtakuBoards

kinda sad fact.....

stardust

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Crazy White Boy [/i]
[B]Sad fact? I say it's a terrific fact! Look at it this way: If humans can't get along based on a few differences such as color and culture, do you really think we'd get along if there were MAJOR differences?

It seems kind of like a science fiction book if you think about it. If there were people with horns or wings, or even scales we'd have big problems. Many people are too ingnorant to respect the differences in others or just too immature. If we have a hate group in existence today that's based on bashing people with darker skin than themselves, I shudder to think what we would have if everyone was truly different. The only sad thing is when you realize that in a world where we're raised to believe that we're unique, people actually hate one another based on differences. [/B][/QUOTE]

Wow man that's deep. You should send stuff to Reader's Digest; they have a page for people like you...:D

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by stardust [/i]
[B]

ok del,u seem confused,let me clear this up

genetically,99.9% of us is the exact same,meaning the other .1% is what makes us look and act different,and about ur twin question,nobody is 100% the same,they would still have their differences [/B][/QUOTE]

Oh I understand the 99.9% thing easily. There's no confusion here;)

Thanks Anyway

WHOA!!!This made me think:If that one pecent makes us all different,Imagine how complex it must be!:eek: ...
Never mind...Whoa How does this fit in with Cloning and stuff?
I mean,If they can get that 99.9 percent,they would only have to work on the last 0.01 percent right?

Sorry to correct you all on the 0.01% thing, but its actually 0.1%... :shifty: :shifty:

Anyway... I've known this for some time, and I just thought i'd point out that the 0.1% doesn't account for racism. Your genes are just as different from someone of your own race than someone of a different race... so the fact of the matter is what you all said... racism=bad, the only difference with I'm saying is that the differences are in fact less.. so racism is even worse, and more pointless :) .

PS.. did you know that the majority of the population of the world comes from only twenty-something maternal lines (i.e., if you follow a big 'family tree' into the past, it will converge at only 20something different women), regardless of your race, so there you go, we essentially have the same ancestors as other races too.. :)

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Smoky Joe [/i]
[B]Well, 0.1% is actually a lot. Consider that, if each DNA strand of an average human stood up on top of each other, it could reach Pluto and back (a few times!). Imagine how much DNA is 0.1%... [/B][/QUOTE]

yes, what you said about reaching pluto and back. Here's some idea of the irrelevance of that statistic.. If you were to take your computer, and then completely strip it of all of it's atoms, then string them up, the length of the string would be, umm, lets say a quite a distance. My guess is about 10,000,000,000,000,000 metres (based on my knowledge of the size of an atom). Which is 10,000,000,000,000 kilometres. Which is about 6,000,000,000,000 miles. get the idea? that could reach alpha centauri and back a few times.

The point is, 0.1% difference is not a lot of relative difference. Yes, if you strung them all up they'd reach a far way, but

a) DNA doesn't just string itself up
b) the DNA in the 0.1% difference probably doesn't [i]do[/i] anything anyway.

Don't get the wrong idea 'bout this, I'm not tryin' to take the ****, man, I just think you should know how much that 0.1% of the way to pluto's really worth... nothing.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Smoky Joe [/i]
[B]Well, it's worth enough for there to be billions of persons, all different from each other... [/B][/QUOTE]

that's not what I meant....

0.00000000001% could make everyone different, but the majority of the 1% is useless... you see.. DNA evolves slowly. That is why animals evolve. However most evolutions in DNA do not provoke any change in the animal, or it is lethal, in which case the animal dies (note - when I say animal, this applies to humans too- I just couldnt think of a better word without saying 'the 'being'').
most of the 0.1% difference in genetics is the useless variety. Then a small amount accounts for the differences between us (but as I said in an earlier post, race has nothing to do with the differences in DNA).