Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
did u know,that genetically we're all 99.9% the same?I think it's so sad how that 1% makes everybody hate certain people,u know like racists,just cause people r different:blackeye:
Posted
You mean 00.01%. ;) But I mean WOW, just that little bit makes us that much different?! That's..... Well..... Sorta Amazing! :wow: And yes, it's kinda sad too once you think about it..... :(
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by stardust [/i]
[B]yeah,it's true,my history teacher told my class that one day,we're like,'wow!":eek: [/B][/QUOTE]
Funny, my history teacher said something to do with the population too...... And yet I don't think any of it had to do with history.....:confused:

But I find that 00.01% of us, has made us completely different from one another..... Very fascinating..... Very amazing, interesting, sad.....
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Majora's Mask [/i]
[B]Amazing...That point 01% effects us...How we act, who we are...Creepy....What would it be like if we were all 100% different? [/B][/QUOTE]

Well then that would probably mean stuff like: I'd like stuff that you wouldn't, and stuff like that. But I don't think it's possible to be 100% different..... Maybe 99.9%.

I dunno, all this is confusing me now..... :confused: :confused: :confused:
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Squashed Snail [/i]
[B]

I dunno, all this is confusing me now..... :confused: :confused: :confused: [/B][/QUOTE]

Ah, excellent...that was just our purpose with this topic...j/K
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Majora's Mask [/i]
[B]

Ah, excellent...that was just our purpose with this topic...j/K [/B][/QUOTE]

nah,my purpose of the topic was to share this amazing yet sad fact w/ all of uz
Posted
Hmmm....well if u insist it's true...

I'm gona have to tell a few of my friends about this, they'll be very interested...ooooooh we may even go all deep and philsophical about it haha :D
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by stardust [/i]
[B]did u know,that genetically we're all 99.9% the same?I think it's so sad how that 1% makes everybody hate certain people,u know like racists,just cause people r different:blackeye: [/B][/QUOTE]

whoa!..i didn't know that!

whoa..it's sad people hate each other for being physically different..yet we're SO the same..that is phsyically.
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by stardust [/i]
[B]I think it's so sad how that 1% makes everybody hate certain people,u know like racists[/B][/QUOTE]

[color=indigo] Yes everybody does hate those darned racists, even racists hate racists.

anyway, that fact doesn't surprise me. What would intrest me would be to learn how many genes people have incommon with monkeys, I bet it is like 90%...[/color]
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Heaven's Cloud [/i]
[B]

[color=indigo] Yes everybody does hate those darned racists, even racists hate racists.

anyway, that fact doesn't surprise me. What would intrest me would be to learn how many genes people have incommon with monkeys, I bet it is like 90%...[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

[size=1]We share some 98.7% of our DNA structure with apes -- amazing, isn't it?

This is all thanks to the Human Genome Project. They found that the difference between say, a black man and a white woman, is the same percentage difference as between two black men.

Meaning that, of course...race and sex has nothing to do with anything. :)[/size]
Posted
Wow...Very interesting...that kinda throws the whole "I'm an individual" thing out of balance, considering that we're 99.9% identical.

Hang on a sec...I might sound like a bimbo for asking, but does that mean that identical twins are like 100% exactly the same?
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by James [/i]
[B]

[size=1]We share some 98.7% of our DNA structure with apes -- amazing, isn't it?
[/size] [/B][/QUOTE]
[size=3][color=red]
Is that an insult James? He he... I don't see it being a compliment at all. I mean walking down the street and saying to someone, "Hey did you know that 98.7% of your DNA structure is the same as an ape?" I mean very funny.[/size][/color]
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by DeathKnight [/i]
[B][color=crimson]That must be one hell of a .01%...

I mean look at me... I'm more different than anyone I know... o_O;;;...[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]
[size=3][color=red]
Don't take this as an insult Ken but yes you are. Very different...[/size][/color]
Posted
Sad fact? I say it's a terrific fact! Look at it this way: If humans can't get along based on a few differences such as color and culture, do you really think we'd get along if there were MAJOR differences?

It seems kind of like a science fiction book if you think about it. If there were people with horns or wings, or even scales we'd have big problems. Many people are too ingnorant to respect the differences in others or just too immature. If we have a hate group in existence today that's based on bashing people with darker skin than themselves, I shudder to think what we would have if everyone was truly different. The only sad thing is when you realize that in a world where we're raised to believe that we're unique, people actually hate one another based on differences.
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Crazy White Boy [/i]
[B]Sad fact? I say it's a terrific fact! Look at it this way: If humans can't get along based on a few differences such as color and culture, do you really think we'd get along if there were MAJOR differences?

It seems kind of like a science fiction book if you think about it. If there were people with horns or wings, or even scales we'd have big problems. Many people are too ingnorant to respect the differences in others or just too immature. If we have a hate group in existence today that's based on bashing people with darker skin than themselves, I shudder to think what we would have if everyone was truly different. The only sad thing is when you realize that in a world where we're raised to believe that we're unique, people actually hate one another based on differences. [/B][/QUOTE]
[color=red][size=3]
Very well said. I mean if we were all the same everything would be boring as hell.[/size][/color]
Posted
:confused: That is pretty crazy to think about...I mean, if we are all that similar, then why should anyone think that they are better than another person when really, they are just like that person??? Okay maybe that didn't make sense to y'all...but it sounded good in my head.
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by sexyjessie4 [/i]
[B]:confused: That is pretty crazy to think about...I mean, if we are all that similar, then why should anyone think that they are better than another person when really, they are just like that person??? Okay maybe that didn't make sense to y'all...but it sounded good in my head. [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=deeppink]Sounds good to me! I mean, DeWitt? Point...in...case. ;)

Sowwy guys, a little real life friend-to-friend moment there...[/color]
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by sexyjessie4 [/i]
[B]:confused: That is pretty crazy to think about...I mean, if we are all that similar, then why should anyone think that they are better than another person when really, they are just like that person??? Okay maybe that didn't make sense to y'all...but it sounded good in my head. [/B][/QUOTE]

I get ya....You mean like no one should be made to feel inferior to another.....We are all alike?????
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Delian [/i]
[B]

I get ya....You mean like no one should be made to feel inferior to another.....We are all alike????? [/B][/QUOTE]

ok del,u seem confused,let me clear this up

genetically,99.9% of us is the exact same,meaning the other .1% is what makes us look and act different,and about ur twin question,nobody is 100% the same,they would still have their differences
Posted
The fact in general just goes to show how petty and ignorant people can be. Being black and growing up in a pretty nice neighborhood has caused me to learn about racism firsthand. I used to get mad and fly off the handle, but now I pity them. I like to judge people off of how they act, not what they are or how they look.
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Darkness [/i]
[B]The fact in general just goes to show how petty and ignorant people can be. Being black and growing up in a pretty nice neighborhood has caused me to learn about racism firsthand. I used to get mad and fly off the handle, but now I pity them. I like to judge people off of how they act, not what they are or how they look. [/B][/QUOTE]

god,I hate how racist people are!Some of my best buddies are black,and they're just as good as white people!but u know what really gets me?I've been to websites,and people are askin how they can get their parents to understand about their interacial relationship,it's stupid!they love the person to death,yet their parents say they can't!?it's awful,I hate that,one girl got GROUNDED and lost her parents TRUST and became a disgrace to her WHOLE family cause she had a black boyfriend!Why are people so stupid?this is a perfect example,but last year my friend and me were goin to a dance and my mom was driving,and there's this boy at school we call Brownie,he's white,but we call him brownie cause he's got brown hair + brown eyes,anyway,my sister said I like this kid,and my mom's like,"He better be white",and that got me so mad at her!Cause she's the one that tells me race doesn't matter,yet she's a racist herself,aw man,this is making me cry:bawl:

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...