OtakuBoards

Soul Caliber V

CaNz

Soul Series!  

8 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite Soul Calibur game?

• Soul Calibur: Dreamcast, Xbox Arcade
    • Soul Calibur II: Xbox, PS2, GameCube
    • Soul Calibur III: PS2
    • Soul Calibur IV: PS3, Xbox 360
    • Soul Calibur Broken Destiny: PSP
    • Soul Calibur V: PS3, Xbox 360
    • Soul Calibur VI: PS4, Xbox 720

[img]http://i619.photobucket.com/albums/tt278/PandasQ/scV.jpg[/img]
Soul Calibur V [spoiler]I still don't know why they have to spell caliber wrong[/spoiler] has been confirmed not too long ago, and I happen to be a decent fan of this fighting game series. I loved the character creation (which is still by far the best in video games in my opinion) and the gameplay is pretty different compared to the big names.

As for the details that have been released, there isn't much. We know it will be released in 2012, (if I ever announce a game, it would be in May, since you can get away with a whole year of ambiguity) the games story takes place 17 years in the future, and the leading protagonist is Sophitia's son: Patroklos. There have been little talk about which characters will be returning. I know Sigfried, Sophitia, and her kid are there, and I know Shura is NOT going to be there (and probably not any of the other half-assed new characters that were tossed into IV at what seemed like the last minute.) There is a trailer out as well though it is really short and doesn't show much of anything.

That being said here it is.
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VbIjwEHgtbc[/media]

Anyways I am excited at the chance of having a good SC sequel coming to the Xbox 360 ( IV was really 'Meh' for me) And I hope it is something that will gain more fans for the franchise. Edited by CaNz

[color="#9932CC"][font="Microsoft Sans Serif"]lol nice lip sync there Siegfried

I liked Ashlotte. >_> That one alien chick whose name escapes me was cool, too. Shura I did not like, though.

I've been wondering when they were going to get around to showing more info about this. Definitely looking forward to it. [spoiler]...and Sophitia's son ain't bad looking from what I see...his eyes look kinda funky, though...*rubs chin*[/spoiler][/font][/color]

:OOO [s][s]why it had to be 2012? ;^; by looking at preview me want to play the new SC T^T[/s][/s] lol anyway awesome :D this I have to tell my bro cuz he love fighting game, he got me into SC and I want to kick his butt in the game >:D (even though I might end up losing to him XD) lol

I am really intrigued by the prospect of the characters aging. 17 years is quite a while ( I really hope Ivy puts some clothes on this time around) Since most of the characters were young in IV it might be completely different. Also, the story in IV sucked, so hopefully with 17 years of backstory they can come up with something good.

[color="#696969"][font="Tahoma"][quote name='CaNz' timestamp='1305620066' post='707412']
I really hope Ivy puts some clothes on this time around.[/quote]
D:

If Ivy's over-sized, lucious, bouncy breasticles aren't shown off in V I'm not getting it. :X
[/font][/color]

[color="#9932CC"][font="Microsoft Sans Serif"]Well, Canz, [url="http://www.neoseeker.com/news/16460-soul-calibur-v-director-not-keen-on-risque-outfits-originally-proposed-soul-edge-2/"]you just might be getting your wish.[/url][/font][/color]

[quote]Odashima is also less than enthusiastic about the Soul Calibur series' increasingly risque nature, stating that he was unsure about including skimpy and fetish costumes in Soul Calibur V. Regarding the armor break system recently implemented, he notes, "Armor breaks > character becomes naked, was a bit too much I think. Players should have the option for it to not happen."[/quote]

[color="#9932CC"][font="Microsoft Sans Serif"]An option to turn that feature off would be nice. If the clothing damage looked like, y'know, actual clothing damage other than [i]clothes shattering right off[/i], I wouldn't mind so much. But cheap fanservice route is cheap.

At any rate, am I alone in kinda wishing for more cameos from other games, like with the console-exclusive cameos in II and KOS-MOS's costume in III? [And I think Lloyd Irving was in that one Wii game, IIRC.] Sure, it was a marketing gimmick, but I'd like to see some of Namco's other properties in the game. [s]No I am not looking for an excuse to see a semi-realistic Jade what are you talking about[/s][/font][/color] Edited by Mrs. Doctor Professor Lady

[quote name='White' timestamp='1305652014' post='707417']
[color="#696969"][font="Tahoma"]
D:

If Ivy's over-sized, lucious, bouncy breasticles aren't shown off in V I'm not getting it. :X
[/font][/color]
[/quote]
She is gonna be 49 years old in SC V, so I am really hoping they force you not to get it (though her body defies physics on a regular basis, age is probably no big deal)

I am also happy about the Armor break being optional. I would make characters with cool looking clothing, then by the end of the battle they would just look silly, like a full armored man with no shirt or no pants... or both... To be perfectly honest when it happened to my girl characters I was less unhappy, but it was still unnecessary. The fetish outfits were kinda hilarious, but I never used them. The one slightly perverted feature I did like was the fact that you could alter the body size of the characters, for guys it was mass and tone, but for girls it was cup size and shine. Making the characters look different from each other was an awesome feature, and I hope they take it a couple steps farther in V.

• 2 weeks later...
[quote name='Noir' timestamp='1305570696' post='707397']
I hope there's story this time fight after meaningless fight got kinda boring in 4 :/
[/quote]

I agree but I only played 2 and 3 -_-

[quote name='White' timestamp='1305652014' post='707417']
[color="#696969"][font="Tahoma"]
D:

[/font][/color]
[/quote]

that made me question if kilik, maxi and yun seong(spelling -_-) are still gonna be hawt and sexy xD Edited by fujyoshi

[quote name='fujyoshi' timestamp='1306842236' post='707704']
that made me question if kilik, maxi and yun seong(spelling -_-) are still gonna be hawt and sexy xD
[/quote]

[color="#9932CC"][font="Microsoft Sans Serif"]Some things get better with age.

Just sayin'.[/font][/color]

[quote name='Sangome' timestamp='1306866487' post='707712']
[color="#9932cc"][font="Microsoft Sans Serif"]Some things get better with age.

Just sayin'.[/font][/color]
[/quote]

thats a positive way to look at it :D now that I think of it I should pick up 3 since my brother gave me his ps2 recently /heh