OtakuBoards

Doesn't Ganon EVER die?

BabyGirl

[color=deeppink]Ok, OoT...Ganon. I can get him to fall the first time and I retrieve the master sword...but to get him to fall a second time...I cannot do it. Do I just have to keep hitting the heck out of his tail...? Such things boggle my mind :cross:[/color]

Once you're behind him quickly switch to the Big Goron Sword and administer as much hits as possible. I also noticed that you can z target his face, shoot him with an arrow, then z target his tail and shoot that also, saving you all the tumbling stuff and having to bust out the sword. But it kinda takes longer and it requires a lot of magic power.

[color=indigo]The easiest way to beat Ganon, in OOT, is to Z Target his head and shoot him with a Light Arrow. This will stun him for a little while, allowing you to run between his legs and hit him with your sword. If you run out of magic, the Hookshot will also stun him, but not for as long as Light Arrows.
After you've stunned him, run up to his tail and hit it with your sword once. If you stay for a second sword slash, he'll usually recover and hit you.
And yes, the Biggoron's Sword does more damage, but you have to administer the final blow with the Master Sword, to defeat him. When I fought him, I only used the Biggoron's Sword before I got the Master Sword back. If you stun him using Light Arrows, it's pretty easy to beat him without the Biggoron's Sword. (If you don't have the Biggoron's Sword for the first part of the fight, the Megaton Hammer will work).

Btw, you really don't have to stun him before you get the Master Sword back, since he moves so slow. Just make sure that you run between his legs and not around them. If you run around them, there's a chance that Ganon will hit you with one of his huge swords.[/color]

Oh yes, I remember that part in the game. I always just run between his legs, Z target his tail and let my big goron sword do the rest. For some reason I always use my big goron sword at first but then I never bother to use it after you get the master sword.

Here's what I do..:

After retriving the Master Sword, switch to BigGoron Sword for maximum damage. Ganon moves faster than before, and swings quicker, so watch out. Pull out an arrow and shoot him as quick as you can, then quickly run behind and slash him tal as many times as possible. Repeat this porcess until he dies. If you run out of arrows or magic, there is two options. Have Ganon slice apart one of the pillars of rubble to reveal some magic, or you can use Deku Nuts. Yes, this actually works. Throw Deku Nuts at him to stun him, then hit him in the tail. Deku Nuts can actually hurt ganon to? Isn't that wierd!?

So there is a use for those things once you get a ways into the game. Byt I am surprised that nearly everyone uses the arrows to beat Ganon. Am I the only one that just rolls between his legs when he slashes at me. That is really easy to do it htat way. I don't know why everyone does it the other way.

[color=indigo]That's weird. Almost every time I tried to stay for a second hit (once he started moving fast, anyway) he would recover and turn around a hit me with one of his swords. Maybe I was using the jump attack for the first hit. That takes longer, so that might have been it.

It's been way too long since I've played that game. I think I might have to play through it again sometime.[/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by k9* [/i]
[B]fairies and blue potions - that way you don't have to worry about gathering the magic refills :cool: ;) [/B][/QUOTE]

yes... that helps, too... especially in the first battle when Ganon throws energy things at you and u bounce em back 'n all that stuff.... sorry I'm not bein' very specific, but I'm just not in a 'specific' mood...

[color=deeppink]Hey guys, thanks for all of your help. I figured out what I had been doing wrong the whole time...a very dumb thing indeed :p

I kept hitting Ganon's tail with the Biggoron sword after I retrieved the master sword, and soon I figured it was getting ridiculously monotonous...

It was sorta like "How many times do I have to freakin' hit him with this stupid sword?"

And then I realized...that I needed to hit him with the master sword for him to die...

So, uh, :shifty: I'm smart...:drunk:

Heh, anyway...I was actually quite proud of myself...Ganondorf and Ganon were both really easy. I had 3 faeries stocked up and didn't need to use a single one ;)[/color]

[color=indigo]There's a lesson in this: (One that I've had to learn a few times to get it to stick).

You almost always want to use the weapon that the game suggests.
(Recalls trying to hit that first Deku Scrub in the Great Deku Tree with the jump attack, instead of refleacting it's nuts back at it because "It looks like it's hitting it". Yes, that's actually what I thought). :cross:

And yeah, Ganondorf/Ganon is easy. I went into the fight with two Blue Potions and two Fairies and I never used any of them.
So far, the hardest boss I've fought (in a Zelda game) was Ganon from A Link To the Past. I still did it on my first try, though.

*ego inflates a little bit more* :smirk:

(Remembers that he had to use two Blue Potions).

*ego deflates a bit* :( :cross:[/color]