OtakuBoards

LOVE

Akieen Cloud

The sound was that of skin on skin, and at first Hunter had thought he had interuptted something til he heard the hiss of exhaustion he knew all to well from him self. The door had been cracked and he moved it slightly to look in and blinked as Saph leaned on the leather bag hanging from her ceiling, it was slick with sweat from Saph's arms and hands as she pulled back and punched it, the smack of her flesh resounding through her empty room. Growling Saph grit her teeth and back flipped before rotating her body and swinging her legs around in a wide circle, both her booted feet slamming into the bag, the chain breaking as the bad slammed against the wall. Hunter pushed into the room as Saph fell to one knee.

"Saph, you alright?"
She looked up at him with wide eyes.

"When did you-"

"A few minutes. You were going at it pretty hard. I don't think you would have heard an attack coming. What were you thinking about?"
"How I wish Averin would get out of my head...how that man was right."
"He wasn't- Wait...Averin?"
"My KNIGHT. He hasn't been quiet since I left the hanger..."
"Y-you can hear him?"
"Clear as a bell. Have been able to ever since I started this."

"I don't think any of the others have said anything about being able to hear their KNIGHTs."
"Yeah I know, I'm crazy."
"Not really...I can hear Vox."
She looked up at him with a raised brow.

"You remember what Bear said?"
"Yeah, you think?"
She shook her head with a small glimpse of a smile.

"Looks that way. So what brings you here anyway?"
"I wanted to check on you, make sure you alright."
"How bad was he on you?"
"I didn't give him a chance. I think I did make the mistake of punching him in the face. I was to angry to really think about what I was doing."
She laughed at this and shook her head.

"You should be careful Hunter. Might get in trouble."
"I really wish he comes after me. I'd love to lay another on him. That felt good."

Saph snorted with a laugh as they both sat down on her bed, she folded her arms behind her head and leaned on the wall with a small smile. She was relaxed as they talked. 

"Can you believe this guy though? I mean he acts like we trash."
Saph shook her head slowly.

"We probably are to him. He's a soldier, we're just kids plucked from the dead bodies of our classmates and thrown into the KNIGHTs to see if we work."
Hunter nodded then frowned.

"Why do you think they do it that way? Instead of finding an easier way?"
"Crowd control? Maybe to keep our population controlled until all this is over? Who knows. Humans are fickle beings."
Hunter nodded.

"Your right there."

They chatted here and there, about this or that before Saph frowned at her clock.

"It's been 2 hours since you got here. You don't think anyone is looking for you?"
"I doubt it. Even if they were they'd have found me by now."
Saph raised her eye brow, gaining a small head tilt from Hunter.

"What?"
Saph shook her head.

"Who in their right mind would look for you with me?"
"Your the team lead why wouldn't they look for me here?"
Taking a deep breath Saph pinched her nose.

"I'm not really known as a social butterfly Hunter. If you haven't noticed, not a whole lot of people talk to me. I'm known as kind of a loner."
"Why? You don't see so bad to me."
Saph felt her cheeks heat slightly.

"Thanks, I think. But really, you should probably head out and see if McAsshole is looking for you."
"He probably is. Which makes me want to stay hidden here that much more."
Saph laughed, and blushed slightly as her stomach growled.

"That workout make you hungry?"
She nodded.

"Always does."
Hunter nodded.

"Know what you mean, well, what do you say we brave the outside world together and find us some food?"
She smiled slightly.

"Sounds like a plan."
Not bothering to change from her sweat covered work out clothes she followed Hunter into the hall and towards the mess hall, small coversation flowing between them easily. 

(Alright, if you haven't noticed, Dante is NOT our friend. They way he cracked down on Saph is how he cracks down on EVERYONE. He is NOT nice, so anyway he can get under your character's skin he will)

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shu had finally woke up from his long nap. Rested he got dressed and figured he would go and see about the repairs and improvements on Raphael. He left his room and walked down the hall at a slow pace with his hands behind his head. Thoughts of the last skirmish still plagued his mind. 

"Too many close calls. I need to be better...not for myself....but for them."

Shu finally arrived in the hangar to see Obsidian and Crimson standing together. They were looking at their KNIGHTs as some guy was inspecting them. Shu waved over to Obsidian and Crimson as he walked up to them. He inquired about the stranger looking at their KNIGHTs.

"Whose that guy? Is he an engineer or something? He looks pissed off."

"Said his name was Dante and that he is going to be taking over for Bear. I was wondering who they were going to get to replace him. This guy seems to be a hardass though," Obsidian explained.

"Yeah, I wouldn't get on his bad side. I'm sure he doesn't have one after the comment made on our KNIGHTs," Crimson added.

"What did he sa-...," Shu uttered but was interrupted. 

Dante called out to the pilots as they were still conversing. He noticed that Shu had joined the other two pilots and began to make his way over to them. He walked over with a stern demeanor and stood before them. 

"Hey. I'm Shu Kazumichi. I'm the pilot of the Blue KNIGHT. Nice to meet you," Shu said as he extended his hand for a handshake.

Dante looked at Shu as if he were a peasant and refused to shake his hand.

"Well I see they trusted another child to pilot a machine of war. Foolish. I take it that you must know something about close range weapon considering it being your KNIGHTs specialty. You must be the point man when Barons come attack?"

"Uhh...actually no. I try to help out my friends where they need and do my part. Nothing fancy."

"Your friends?!! These are your comrades not your friends. You should only be concerned with battle strategies and nothing more. Idle chit chat will get you killed out there. What good does knowing someone's likes and dislikes do on a battlefield....NOTHING. I've looked at your KNIGHTs and see so many weapons. More choices means less time for being ready. You should stick to one weapon...two at the most."

"What if my one weapon breaks. Then what?"

"It shouldn't break if you know what you're doing."

"I do know what I'm doing. My "friends" don't seem to have a problem with my variety of weapons and neither should you."

"I highly doubt one such as yourself would know much about fighting. So much potential in wasted on a boy. Your KNIGHTs is utterly repulsive. You should make sure it gets taken care of for optimum performance."

"You dont even know me. How could you know what I'm capable of?"

"I know who all of you are. Thats why your introduction was pointless. You will learn yet how to be a perfect soldier...even if it kills you."

"Trust me. I don't plan to get any closer to death then I was when we started this whole ordeal. And I suggest you stay out of my way. I wouldn't want to hurt you since I don't know what I'm doing apparently."

Shu turned to walk away towards his KNIGHT. Dante smiled and prodded Shu a bit further.

"Your sarcasm isn't funny and if you keep acting like this...you'll be the first to die on that battlefield. Leaving me to scrape up the remains."

Shu stopped in his tracks. An angry look came upon his face. He looked to his side as if he was going to say something to Dante again but decided not to and continued over to Raphael. The look on his face changed from anger to terror as he pondered on Dante's words. Out of the corner of his eye he noticed Saph and Hunter come in. Shu wondered what Dante would say to them. Hopefully it wouldn't be nearly as rough as what was said to him. He sat down on the shoulder of Raphael to ponder some more. He could hear the arguing of Saph and Dante as they were getting into pretty badly.

"Who does this guy think he is? He can't just come in here and tell us what to do. We saved these people and we protected them the best way we could. How can he not see that? We're better then he gives us credit for."

"I agree young one."

"Oh Raphael. I figured you were listening. Say, did he touch anything while inspecting you? I wouldn't want something removed without my approval." 

"No. He only checked the status of my weapons and armor. Are you worried?"

"Of course. This guy is talking about all of these changes and I thought we were doing just fine. Sure we had our problems with people getting hurt but thats what it took to defeat those Barons. Its 5 against a million...there are going to be some injuries."

"You're wrong. Its not 5 against a million. You are forgetting all of the people you are protecting and fighting for. They are behind you as well. Their spirit dwells within you and it helps you fight better. Without them, you wouldn't fair so well. Please remember that."

Shu looked over at the head of Raphael and smiled a bit.

"You know...you're right. I have to remember everything that has gotten me here thus far. Including you my friend. I'm not worried about dying because I know we will get through this. We have to. Now if you'll excuse me...I need to go train a bit so I don't look like an amateur to this guy if he ever wants to evaluate our personal training. I'll be back to check on the repairs they will make soon. And don't worry, I won't let them take away any of our weapons."

"Be safe young one."

Shu got down from his KNIGHT and headed out of the hangar as Dante was still arguing with Saph. He flashed a look of anger towards Dante as he walked out of the giant room towards a training area. He passed a worker on his way and there and asked for a favor. The worker agreed and went to carry out Shu's wish. Shu went on to the training area and began stretching. The worker had soon joined his with a piece of paper in his hand.

"Just tape it to one of the dummies over there. Thank you."

"No problem sir. Anything else?"

"No this is all I need for now."

The worker went and taped the paper to the head of one of the training dummies. It was a picture of the new "leader" Dante with a smug grin on his face. Shu's face grew angry and he began to attack the dummy furiously. This motivation proved to be quite effective.